No announcement yet.

440 '48 Plymouth Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really liked your first one. Wish I had the $$ to buy that before you shipped it across the pond, but this one could be even better. Looks GREAT so far. maybe we could trade for the Vette when you're done...LOL
    Hotrodbob
    Anyone can restore a car, but it takes a real hotrodder to cut one up and make it cool

Comment

• Thanks Bob! Got a ways to go on this yet but happy with how it's shaping up so far.

Stiney, thanks for the tip on the Easy-Off - I'd tried some other oven cleaner with disappointing results previously. Got some Easy-Off today and a quick test cleaned up way better than any of the other stuff I've used.

Comment

• A friend turned me on to Easy Off as a grease remover. Works great! But you do have to be careful of anything with paint on it.

Dan

Comment

• You gonna have it up and running for the Mooneyes Xmas Party?
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            You gonna have it up and running for the Mooneyes Xmas Party?
            Ha ha ha, nope, not a chance it'll be done by then! Won't be at Mooneyes this year anyway - it clashes with the 24 hrs of Lemons I'm doing.

Dan, none of the paint on this is worth saving so I'm happy for the Easy Off to do its thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
              Stiney, thanks for the tip on the Easy-Off - I'd tried some other oven cleaner with disappointing results previously. Got some Easy-Off today and a quick test cleaned up way better than any of the other stuff I've used.
              Glad its doing what you need it to. I tried the cheaper oven cleaners too, and they sucked. I took one more chance and splurged for the real thing, wow, night and day!
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Ha ha ha, nope, not a chance it'll be done by then! Won't be at Mooneyes this year anyway - it clashes with the 24 hrs of Lemons I'm doing.

Dan, none of the paint on this is worth saving so I'm happy for the Easy Off to do its thing.
                Aw come on. You now have an engine fan.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Here's a shot of your daily driver. I approve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0685.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	865187

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    Aw come on. You now have an engine fan.
                    LOL! Thanks for the fan - I think it's going to end up on the El Camino, speaking of which it looks like I ducked out of that shot just in time!

Got sidetracked by a bunch of other stuff over the long weekend and didn't get much done on the Plymouth but I have been cleaning up the firewall so that I can weld to it and also the trans tunnel where the shifter is going to go.
                    Attached Files

Comment

LOL! Thanks for the fan - I think it's going to end up on the El Camino, speaking of which it looks like I ducked out of that shot just in time!
                      I did catch your friend. He looks like a deer caught in the headlights. haha. Glad to be of help.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Been a while since I've updated this as I haven't been doing anything on it although I did pick up a pair of 5 spokes for the front at the big 3 swapmeet last month.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• With the clocks going forward and lighter evenings I decided it was time to get back on with this. I mocked up a firewall out of cardboard, then my buddy Pauly came round and made a steel version. After that I trimmed the floor - still need to make a piece to clear the transmission but the rest fits pretty good.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good! Do yourself a favor and make a rear panel that's removeable for access to the bellhousing bolts! I made the firewall in my Austin around the 327, and earlier this year I had to change out a chipped flexplate. It was a nightmare, and I finally had to holesaw holes lined up with the bellhousing bolts in order to separate the bellhousing from the engine. Then I put electrical knockout seals in each hole so I could lay the sound deadener and carpet back down.

Comment

• I knew there had to be at least ONE good use for that bidy style. I see them all the time and I could never think of how to make one cool...put a straight axle under it! simple!
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Cool!.... Looks real good.

Comment

Working...
                                X