440 '48 Plymouth Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chris64 View Post
    Hey , newbie here, just finished reading this post and it's awesome! I have a 47 with a sbc, but recently picked up a 440 / 727 to heat things up! great job so far!!
    Thanks Chris! Got any pics of your '47?

Did a bit more work over the weekend - a couple of friends came round and we installed the new windshield and refitted the rear glass. Also got the front shock mounts done. The dash is painted and back in too but I don't have a photo of that.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Shock mounts came out great mate!

Comment

• ]Thanks Chris! Got any pics of your '47?

I"ll put some pics up tomorrow, your skill in fabbing and welding are really good, great project

Comment

• Originally posted by zombie289 View Post
          Shock mounts came out great mate!
          Cheers mate

Comment

• Originally posted by chris64 View Post
            ]Thanks Chris! Got any pics of your '47?

I"ll put some pics up tomorrow, your skill in fabbing and welding are really good, great project
            Thanks! Look forward to the pics.

Comment

• Bringing this back from the dead... Life kinda got in the way of this for a while but I'm back at now. Decided to start off with the seat mounts as I wasn't happy with any of the ones I'd mocked up so far. Picked up some early Mustang buckets a while back and decided to use them. Cut down a pair of Dodge seat brackets I had and joined them with some angle to make a level base to put the seats on. Also mounted the shifter off the same mount. Here's some pics.
              Last edited by racingsnake440; April 11, 2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• that should do the job! nice selection of seats, steering wheel, and shifter...it all goes together nicely
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  that should do the job! nice selection of seats, steering wheel, and shifter...it all goes together nicely
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Looks good to me! Please keep us up-to-date.

Dan

Comment

• Got a bit more done tonight - front clip off and front brake lines hooked up. Just need to be clamped down now. Ran out of daylight so no pics today.

Comment

• Got the front brake lines clamped down, filled the cooling system and put the passenger side inner and outer fenders back on. My buddy Pauly came round and made a start on the rear firewall - it's an awkward shape so it's going to be a hassle...

Comment

• New shoes!

Comment

• New tires on, driveshaft fitted and temporary gas pedal rigged up and it drives! Not very far as it happens but probably the first time it's turned a wheel under power in about 30 years..

Comment

• Comment

• Not bad! Bet it feels so good!

Comment

Working...
                                X