No announcement yet.

440 '48 Plymouth Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! That's one part I am not fond of; all the assembly and reassembly that's needed to get things welded and done right. Sometimes several times over by the time I'm finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
      Love the stance. Love the spacing of the wheels. Love it.
      Thanks man!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
        Nice! That's one part I am not fond of; all the assembly and reassembly that's needed to get things welded and done right. Sometimes several times over by the time I'm finished.
        Yeah, hopefully things will go a bit quicker now that stage is done. Nothing photoworthy tonight but I have got a bunch of welding done.
        Last edited by racingsnake440; May 1, 2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Starting to look really cool! Like it. Do you plan on racing this thing at all?

Comment

• Thanks! Probably won't be doing any serious racing with it but plan on taking it out to Irwindale on Thursdays and Mooneyes etc. Would like to do a full quarter with it at some point too so may take it up to Bakersfield too. Need to get it driving first though!

Comment

• Well done - how did you tie the tubing into the original frame?

Looks like you have a very hearty guard dog there too!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Here's a pic of the join - I tacked the box section to the outside and top of the frame, then sliced the frame so the inside could be pulled tight to the box section and made up a wedge shape piece to close up the gap between the bottom of the frame and the box section. I'll be plating over the top of the join too.

That's Boris, he's an awesome dog and loves to check up on what I'm doing.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Still plodding on with this one. Had to modifiy the brake pedal mount to make it work properly - angled the the master cylinder end to match the firewall and welded a braket on the other end to bolt to the dash structure. The steering column drop bolts through it as well and helps keep everything nice and solid. Tacked the brake pedal together as a mock up but will fine tune the angle of the pedal pad before I weld it all up solid. Made a start on the exhaust too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Haven't updated this for a while but have managed to do a few jobs on the Plymouth. Exhaust & mounts are now finished. Also got the steering box mount finished & the master cylinder mounted.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Got the trans hump sorted and finally finish welded the firewall, just need to trim some of the edges down & I can get the seam sealer out. Also cut the end off the brake pedal and clamped it back on at a better angle - needs welding now. Decided to get organized & write a to do list - hopefully I can cross things off faster than I add more on!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this was coming along.

Dan

Comment

• Looks great! Glad it's still moving along!

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys

Austin, I just wish I could get it driving as quickly as you did your Falcon

Dan, I've been following your S10 build - very cool that you managed to find a stick for it, look forward to hearing what it runs

Did a bit more work tonight - the firewall is all trimmed and ground down now. Also pulled the remains of the front glass out.

Comment

• The car is looking good. Looking forward to more updates....

Comment

• Thanks, been busy with other stuff lately but should have more time to work on the Plymouth now - going to try and do at least one thing a day towards getting it built.

Worked on the floor and firewall tonight to get it ready for seam sealer and paint. Should have something photoworthy in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X