X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    Sooo...that's that! Came out pretty good---what's next?
    Thanks Next up is a V8 mk1 Capri, then fix up the Imperial, then probably the El Camino - should keep me busy for a while...

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Sooo...that's that! Came out pretty good---what's next?

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Before and after
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    So a chance conversation at Irwindale drags and the Plymouth was off to a new home. I kept the 440 so now it has a built 413 and fenderwell headers. Found this pic on the HAMB the other day.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Thought I'd update this. Tidied up the interior and got it drivable earlier this year - here's some pics.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Got a bit more done tonight - fuel line secured, battery cable run through some metal tubing to stop it getting burnt on the headers etc. Nothing photo worthy but it's a couple of steps closer to driving.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Got a few more loose ends tied up - trans cooler plumbed in, shifter adjusted, diff oil checked, trunk latch fixed and so on. Also got tired of looking at the ugly-ass patchwork of bondo and primer on the front fenders, so one can of primer later they're still ugly but at least they're mostly one color..
    Last edited by racingsnake440; May 8, 2016, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Got the back tires on, looks like the fenders will need radiusing some more. The rear firewall is about half done now too thanks to my buddy Pauly.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Not bad! Bet it feels so good!
    Sure does, it's been a long time coming!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Not bad! Bet it feels so good!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    New tires on, driveshaft fitted and temporary gas pedal rigged up and it drives! Not very far as it happens but probably the first time it's turned a wheel under power in about 30 years..

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    New shoes!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Got the front brake lines clamped down, filled the cooling system and put the passenger side inner and outer fenders back on. My buddy Pauly came round and made a start on the rear firewall - it's an awkward shape so it's going to be a hassle...

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Got a bit more done tonight - front clip off and front brake lines hooked up. Just need to be clamped down now. Ran out of daylight so no pics today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X