X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by n847 View Post
    Looking great! Maybe this has been covered but can you get those valve covers off with the firewall where it is?
    Yeah, they're pretty tight but they will come off - besides it's a hydraulic cam with non-adjustable valvetrain so there shouldn't really be much need to go in there...

Thanks for the comments guys, here's a few more pics - hopefully in order.
    I)Capped off ends of frame rails and added gussets
    ii)Shock mounts added to front axle - still need to do the upper mounts
    iii)fan and trans cooler positioning
    iv)inner fenders trimmed to clear headers and alternator
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• n847
    replied
    Looking great! Maybe this has been covered but can you get those valve covers off with the firewall where it is?

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Good to see it's still progressing! Has a nice stance!

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    you've been holding out on us? what the hell man!? LOL! keep the pics coming. Like I said I've never envisioned a good use for this body style and like the way this one is turning out. cant wait to see it done.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Great to see it coming along. More pics, please!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Hey Nate, good to see you on here and thanks for the comments! That's awesome that your Plymouth has been in your family so long, I can see why you wouldn't want to cut it up too much.

I've got quite a bit done on mine but don't seem to have taken as many photos as I thought I had. The front end of the frame is now all finished with the exception of shock mounts and brake line tabs, the engine is in with the exhaust hooked up and I've got the water pump and housing back on and alternator mocked up. Chassiswise the spring perches are welded on the rear end, rear shocks mounts are done, front springs have been taken apart, cleaned up and reassembled, and the steering is all finished.

I've added a couple of pics but they're from last month so it's changed a little since then - I'll try and get some up to date pics this week.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• n847
    replied
    Hey racingsnake...I had to jump over from the HAMB to read your thread after we spoke about the trim you were looking for. I have to say I love this build, and I joined here just to follow! Your old Plymouth is a very strong inspiration for my current build. I'm trying to avoid going with the straight axle since my car has been in the family nearly 40 years and I don't want to be the one who modifies it beyond repair, but you really have me thinking hard about it! I can't wait to see how this one turns out. Nice work on the dash grill resto I did mine back in the spring. Keep us posted this car is so bitchin!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Nice work on the grille and mount! I always lay out the wiring system and make sure the devices and wiring reach where I want them. On the Falcon I adjusted where I wanted the fuse block to go by 4"-6" so I could avoid splicing the wires to the hi-lo beam dimmer switch. They were the only wires in the whole system that were short, and didn't like the idea of splicing, soldering, new wires if I could avoid it.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    My dailys decided they needed a bit of attention lately so haven't had as much time on the Plymouth as I'd hoped but still getting a few things done. Decided it would be nice to find one small part and get it finished so I cleaned up the speaker grille from the center of the dash - nowhere near perfect but much nicer than it was and good enough. Also braced and finish welded the trans crossmember and got it painted ready for installation. I dug the wiring loom out as well and started organizing the wires so I can work out where the fusebox is going to go. Boris decided to take a look too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Thanks, been busy with other stuff lately but should have more time to work on the Plymouth now - going to try and do at least one thing a day towards getting it built.

Worked on the floor and firewall tonight to get it ready for seam sealer and paint. Should have something photoworthy in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• mrocketscience
    replied
    The car is looking good. Looking forward to more updates....

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys

Austin, I just wish I could get it driving as quickly as you did your Falcon

Dan, I've been following your S10 build - very cool that you managed to find a stick for it, look forward to hearing what it runs

Did a bit more work tonight - the firewall is all trimmed and ground down now. Also pulled the remains of the front glass out.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Looks great! Glad it's still moving along!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this was coming along.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Got the trans hump sorted and finally finish welded the firewall, just need to trim some of the edges down & I can get the seam sealer out. Also cut the end off the brake pedal and clamped it back on at a better angle - needs welding now. Decided to get organized & write a to do list - hopefully I can cross things off faster than I add more on!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X