Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Haven't updated this for a while but have managed to do a few jobs on the Plymouth. Exhaust & mounts are now finished. Also got the steering box mount finished & the master cylinder mounted.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Still plodding on with this one. Had to modifiy the brake pedal mount to make it work properly - angled the the master cylinder end to match the firewall and welded a braket on the other end to bolt to the dash structure. The steering column drop bolts through it as well and helps keep everything nice and solid. Tacked the brake pedal together as a mock up but will fine tune the angle of the pedal pad before I weld it all up solid. Made a start on the exhaust too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Here's a pic of the join - I tacked the box section to the outside and top of the frame, then sliced the frame so the inside could be pulled tight to the box section and made up a wedge shape piece to close up the gap between the bottom of the frame and the box section. I'll be plating over the top of the join too.

That's Boris, he's an awesome dog and loves to check up on what I'm doing.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Well done - how did you tie the tubing into the original frame?

Looks like you have a very hearty guard dog there too!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Thanks! Probably won't be doing any serious racing with it but plan on taking it out to Irwindale on Thursdays and Mooneyes etc. Would like to do a full quarter with it at some point too so may take it up to Bakersfield too. Need to get it driving first though!

Leave a comment:

• mrocketscience
    replied
    Starting to look really cool! Like it. Do you plan on racing this thing at all?

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Nice! That's one part I am not fond of; all the assembly and reassembly that's needed to get things welded and done right. Sometimes several times over by the time I'm finished.
    Yeah, hopefully things will go a bit quicker now that stage is done. Nothing photoworthy tonight but I have got a bunch of welding done.
    Last edited by racingsnake440; May 1, 2013, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
    Love the stance. Love the spacing of the wheels. Love it.
    Thanks man!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Nice! That's one part I am not fond of; all the assembly and reassembly that's needed to get things welded and done right. Sometimes several times over by the time I'm finished.

Leave a comment:

• cantvalve16
    replied
    Love the stance. Love the spacing of the wheels. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Acheived a milestone today - rolling and steering for the first time since I took the original suspension off. Also got a brake pedal in there. And now it's back in pieces so I can finish weld the frame and brackets...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Wow, sounds like you'll be driving it before I get this one done - I need to get on with it!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
    I was going to put a clutch pedal in this one in case I put a 4 speed in it later but decided it was going to be too much trouble - how's the Falcon coming on anyway?
    About ready to pull the engine and build it. The drivetrain and suspension/steering is complete. Should be driveable in a couple months.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    That's a neat collar at the firewall end of the steering column......where did you source that?

I could use something similar on the TR7 - apparently the Brits decided that end of the column could just "float". Looks like your collar would fill the bill perfectly.

This is an awesome build, thanks for sharing with us!
    McMaster Carr - they have all kinds of shaft collars

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

I used one as part of the column drop too.

Glad you like the build, I'm looking forward to seeing progress on your TR7!
    Last edited by racingsnake440; April 23, 2013, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    That steering drop looks great! I'm still trying to figure out where to mount a gas pedal! One of the drawbacks of having three pedals and so much firewall setback!
    I was going to put a clutch pedal in this one in case I put a 4 speed in it later but decided it was going to be too much trouble - how's the Falcon coming on anyway?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X