No announcement yet.

1990 Mustang LX - project neglect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found my stash! But... question is will the one on the left fit under the hood?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Same lenght and ATF

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        I found my stash! But... question is will the one on the left fit under the hood?
        What's the problem? If it doesn't, take the hood off the white one and cut a hole in it...

Comment

Oh thanks for that! lmao. It has crossed my mind, the one on the white car is trashed anyway and will need a hole for the 351. I found a couple of stockers on Craigslist for 20.00 - 50.00 earlier this week. I'll think about it after I see an inspection sticker on the windshield.

James, I wasn't slacking, I was sending Monica to O'reilly for trip 17 with a printed out list of stuff I don't have here.. Their new web page is awesome, puts the bar codes on the pick-list! Almost idiot proof, great stuff. Just happened to see this. grin.
          Last edited by Beagle; September 6, 2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Driveshafts are same length, well close enough to work. World Class t5's call for atf, People have good luck running Snyrcomesh in them, keeps the snyrcos alive, I even run it in my 240.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

If its not a world class it needs 50w.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

it's a WC. I put Dexron III in it. Only has to last 2k more miles. Thanks all!

Comment

I am so buying you a beer this coming week. Loving the thrash-fest and it is damned cool that Monica is a willing participant!

Go baby, go!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Who needs an inspection sticker?!??! Mine with antique vehicle tags has neither inspection nor registration sticker!

Out of state cops can't ticket you for an expired inspection because they can't enforce Texas law! Just don't do something stupid to get pulled over!!!

I'm not a lawyer but my business does have three names!!
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                      Who needs an inspection sticker?!??! Mine with antique vehicle tags has neither inspection nor registration sticker!

Out of state cops can't ticket you for an expired inspection because they can't enforce Texas law! Just don't do something stupid to get pulled over!!!

I'm not a lawyer but my business does have three names!!
                      yeah, what he said.
                      Plus
                      your 20 year old you just called and asked what the hell happened to you man?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

HOLY SHIT JAMES - why didn't you tell me this earlier? If it gets ticketed for no inspection, I have like 10 days after the ticket to get it inspected. I re-read the DW stuff, and it doesn't say NUTHIN about an inpsection sticker!!!! I was sure it did. Dahmmmmet. Thanks man, that saves me a TON of heartache. I'll leave the vintage 98 sticker on it. lmao. Tell them it was safe then, must be safe now, right?

F* F* F* - I've been sweating all this crap for nothing!

I found the driveshaft and bolts - the LSC is safe from plundering. I spent a ton of time finding junk for it tonight to do the part two thing after the sticker. The only thing I can think of that I can't find is the fuel pump. I'm guessing over 300hp and the 88lph is out of it's league.

Dad mentioned something to me and I felt stupid after he said it - run octane booster in the 342. Duh.

Getting up at 2a and not sleeping well lately is getting to me - well, that and I haven't been drinking much. It's screwing up my brain, I'm not killing off the slow and weak brain cells fast enough!

I found the "king cobra" clutch set, I found the pins for the flywheel that I have been missing forever, but can't find the dang fuel pump. Maybe I can get one tomorrow and get it done. This may put me back in the game.. if it makes it til next Friday, it may be fast enough to play. I'm STOKED.
                        Last edited by Beagle; September 6, 2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

okay, it's late, I'm tired... need another brain for this one also.

How can you tell if the distributor gear on a Ford dizzy is for a roller cam or not? Cast iron should have a weaker magnet attraction?

maybe I'll pull the one off the CPS from the Explorer motor to be sure.
                          Last edited by Beagle; September 6, 2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Isn't E85 available pretty much everywhere drag week goes?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

it sounds like you have the same inventory system that I do. And that ain't a good thing.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

If I've never mentioned that I hate living in the city and dislike my neighbors...

I'm putting the LSC on the trailer to get it off the property before the city goes insane again, and hoped to use the dumped cat back from it. Naturally, with two side to come in from, my impatient f*ing neighbor just has to help and drags the cat back on the trailer before I can stop him - and I asked twice for him not to touch it. F*** an A.

The white car doesn't have mufflers. The black car's got mangled the same way the LSC's just did.

I hope Dallas Mustang has a cat back in stock. This is going to be nip and tuck - absolutely down to the wire.

Oh - James, the 342 spins. Unbelievable - it's been sitting with no plugs for over 12 years.
                                Last edited by Beagle; September 8, 2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X