1990 Mustang LX - project neglect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    A mere six weeks later... the plan of the day. I want this running so I can put the whitemare in the garage. LSC engine is on the stand, 342 is out and on the floor. Off with their heads. The Edelbrock heads and a Crane 2020 cam will go on the LSC mill today. Since I already have it almost completely apart, what do y'all think about going ahead and putting rings and bearings in it?
    Might Already be back in the car, if not check the bearings, if you don't see copper leave em!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Might Already be back in the car, if not check the bearings, if you don't see copper leave em!
      might not - best laid plans of mice and men... Only one month later (see the trend down? Last time it was six weeks. ahem. cough.)

I couldn't take how Grunke (Stiney, did I get that right?) this motor was, it's getting cleaned... the harness was so nasty I just couldn't do it. Small price of a gasket set ... even a Grunke promoting hack like me has his limits.

So here's something that amused me, this block is already zero deck, may actually be .001 above deck. This is the second one lately I've taken apart lately that was actually on the blue-print spec from the factory. The bore on it is pretty nice - no ridge.

I either need to fix the power washer or take the engine harness to the carwash... has anyone ever put one of these in the dishwasher? I'd dry it with the hair drier.
      Last edited by Beagle; December 16, 2012, 09:25 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've stuck wiring harness in a dishwasher. Not a problem with the harness, it works fine. Just go back and proof the wiring when you're done.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
          I've stuck wiring harness in a dishwasher. Not a problem with the harness, it works fine. Just go back and proof the wiring when you're done.
          Monica wants to know if

a) were you married when you did this
          and
          b) are you still married to the same woman if you were married when you did this.

She doesn't say much about the car parts in the house, but I fear I have given her full reign of the kitchen.

Meh, she has to sleep sometime. HAH! My concern with that is she will immediately wake and recognize the sound of a domestic appliance knowing that she didn't start it and it will completely invalidate my proclomation that I know nothing of operating domestic appliances like washers, driers, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, or dust mops.

Double edged sword I guess.
          Last edited by Beagle; December 16, 2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

How about putting the harness in a 5 gallon bucket of dawn and water then going down to the local pressure washer booth and pressure wash the harness? Maybe the home garden hose instead??
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'm a little worried about the ends / saturating the wires - guess I could dry it off in the oven. hehe.

Comment

I have a relay on my relay board I've been meaning to swap out. Every time I hose the engine bay off it freaks out. It was my main power relay so I swapped it with the high idle relay that I don't use so it's not kicking on my fuel pump, EFI, etc.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I move at half the speed of a glacier, but the LSC block is now empty. Crank and pistons look good, pretty much everything looks about like I expected. The rear main seal is wasted - valve covers leaky, etc. I almost feel bad putting new bearings in it. The old harness was pretty clean, I was just thinking it would be easier to drop it in already wired.

Comment

What is the primary purpose of a dishwasher...to remove grease and gunk. It also has a dry cycle. Just sayin...

There is a product that was specifically created for water dispersal. Took them 40 trys to get it correct.

Do I need to spell it out for you?
                    Last edited by Bob Holmes; December 22, 2012, 09:28 PM.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

I can say be careful with WD-39 in your search engine... yikes!

Comment

LOL
                        I'm still learning

Comment

if you ever come down to your dads you can use my power washer
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

so I have today off and we get 28* and windchill of ouch (wind was blowing about 20 when I walked out earlier)... Booo...ghar gets 70* !!

Not fair I say. I'll use the original harness, it's pretty clean. I found where a rat / squirrel had been gnawing on the LSC's engine harness, ate throught the IAT wires right at the sensor. It's ON- death to rodents. I need something a little smaller than the 1000 fps cannon I use outside for in the house. Maybe a CO2 gun and a scuba tank. Maybe a Jack Russel terrier would help. I'll give it to Monica.. for Christmas! err, wait, that failed... she gave me "the look"

Shit, this Christmas thing is hard. No dog, no aluminum heads, what do you buy the woman who is crazy enough to live with me?

Gawd, I derail my own stuff. I could use some help on the Christmas plan... lmao.

Comment

My Uncle Bill bought a Manchester Terrier to rid his farm (small, gentleman farm kind of deal) of rodents. Took about a week. Then they were stuck with a Manchester terrier (looks like a mini-Dobie but nasty). They used to lend her to friends with rodent probs. So the dog ended up making the rounds as she eradicated the rodents then they'd repopulate and she was needed again. Don't know if she ever fully solved the issue but I do know she stayed nasty!

Dan

Comment

I've been threatened if I bring a dog home... no way I can pull that off as a gift for her. lol. Ooops.

Comment

Working...
                                X