mike343sharpstick's 69 Javelin project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: mike343sharpstick's 69 Javelin project

fwiw, I have bought both a "big buddy" 2 burner propane that will heat 18k btu 400 feet @ 109.00 , and a "little buddy" single burner (9k btu, 200 feet) that both are great. The adapter hose for a larger propane tank really helps. Last year I used a 1500 watt ceramic heater and while it wasn't toasty, it was the difference in freezing and 45*. I can work in 45-50, but freezing whips me.

Glad to hear on the dvd. I've got a t5 from a sn95 that needs third gear. I am thinking about the high dollar .80 od gearset for it. I'm watching this pretty close. ;) Love that shift handle!

Comment

OK all, I need some little T5 parts.
      I went to a local ford dealer to get both of theses new but they couldn't get me anything (WTF?!).

1. As I was screwing in the neutral safety switch and a wire came out, so I'll need good one of those. This is the one that screws into the top cover of the trans.

2. My Speedometer drive housing is a bit broken, this is the part that inserts into the tail housing with the O-Ring on it. My actual gear is OK, I just need the metal part.

I also posted this in the swap meet section. If anyone has any of these or even knows where I can purchase one please let me know.
      thanks!

Comment

I've used these guys 3x .... http://www.transmissioncenter.net/sp...n_______va.htm I think there's t5 stuff listed on the bottom of their page. There's another supplier, I'll edit this post when I find the receipt and name
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've been told that the end of the speedo cable has more to it that what I thought, so before I do anything I ordered a new cable.
          On the neutral safety switch, I was going to connect that to the Park/Neutral start circuit so it will only start in neutral. Any opinions on that, maybe it's a stupid idea???
          New cars have the start circuit switched to the clutch pedal, but I think maybe I needn't worry about any of this and just plug the hole and move on.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the neutral safety switch - it's not like it would have had if it had been a 4 speed from the factory.

Looking forward to seeing it in the car!

Comment

I've never been a fan of neutral safety switches, although it'd be easy to add - simply use the same switch they use for brake lights to complete the circuit from your start switch to the starter.

Comment

PATC transmission, Bossier, LA - 888-201-2066 these may be the same people as above - but they were really helpful when I needed parts to complete my ST-10 swap.

Comment

I've had good luck here with T5 parts

The Gear Box is your online source for t56 transmission parts, t5 transmission parts, borg warner t56,muncie transmission,t10 transmission,super t10 transmission,3550 transmission parts,manual transmission parts,t56 transmission overhaul kit, t56 transmission rebuild,rebuilding a transmission,transmission shift fork,t56 synchronizer assembly,t56 transmission gears,Corvette T56 transmission,Tremec T5 transmission,t45 transmission parts,Tremec T56 transmission,T56 main shaft,Spicer yokes,GM clutch

...and with Hanlon as well (Bob is the sh--!)

Mike, I did notice in your posts (or missed), did you install a steel maindrive gear retainer?
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Not sure what you mean by maindrive gear retainer? Do you mean the input shaft bearing retainer? (So many of these parts have multiple names :P :D)
                    If so, that's actually a Jeep part that, and is cast iron. This actually fits the amc bellhousing, the Ford retainer is a couple thou larger in diameter where it fits into the bell.

Comment

not that it was a race or anything, but I drove my 4spd Buick today.... ;D

Comment

Way cool! So now you need to tell us all how truly spectacular it is rowin' that gear lever and poking the go pedal.
                        Incentive is always helpful.

Even if my car was ready, it still looks like the north pole outside.

Comment

I think I need to take a vacation day and work on the car, real life keeps getting in the way of progress.
                          Anyone else ever do this?

Comment

no, but I was terribly sick yesterday (cough, cough) and managed to do an upgrade to the clutch ;)

Comment

Hiya, I haven't been on in awhile and wanted to check on your progress ;D
                              Looking great!! 8)

Comment

We had a bit of a warm up today (40 something woo hoo!), so I got my but out and started to remove the automatic. Front seats and carpet out, Shifter out, exhaust off and transmission cooler lines out.

Next is drive shaft and then I start to get the trans unscrewed.
                                So my nice previously shiny underside is now covered in trans fluid goo. It seems the trans innards are escaping somewhere and coating the bottom of the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X