No announcement yet.

mike343sharpstick's 69 Javelin project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the overall shape of a Gremmie, add the letter in the grill, I'd say the new name for this is Project X-BOX.

I CAN'T wait for more pic's Mike! Red White and Blue in the future?
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang13 View Post
      By the overall shape of a Gremmie, add the letter in the grill, I'd say the new name for this is Project X-BOX.

I CAN'T wait for more pic's Mike! Red White and Blue in the future?
      X-BOX is very good. I’ll need to keep that in mind!
      As much as the RWB paint would be cool, I am under contract to do something different.
      As part of the purchase agreement with the wife I had to agree that the finished product would be PURPLE.
      So the plan is purple with a white Grem-X stripe down the side. Planning to throw some heavy metal-flake in the mix to complete the era-correct vibe. For wheels I’m going with aluminum slots if rules allow.

Looking into requirements to prepare the car for VSCDA and SCCA solo competition, researching roll-bar requirements at the moment.
      The car came with some good stuff too, accusump, Rear sway bar, fuel-safe fuel cell, new header and intake, carb, etc. I’ll know more when I dig into later this year.

Here are the 6-cylinders of fury!

Comment

• Love the lightening holes on the alternator bracket. This will be a cool build thread!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
          I ordered a rear sway bar kit this week

Comment

• I rolled the passenger side window down yesterday, (the windows were never quite right to begin with) and now the mechanism hangs up somewhere in the door and the window will not go back up. I gotta pull it apart, ughh! Darn old cars.
            Door surgery is not fun, especially with old hard-top style windows.

When I got the car together at the last minute for the '09 Power tour I put the doors together quickly using old bits just to get it on the road, I knew I'd need to go back through them eventually.
            Last edited by mike343sharpstick; May 2, 2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Well, I should have been working on the window but I didn't feel like it. I've been thinking about a front spoiler for a while so I got some foam board and a razor and got to playin' around. Here is what I came up with.
              First cardboard, the final result will be aluminum I think.
              I think it needs to be about an inch smaller, and would probably be painted black.
              Any opinions??

Comment

• maybe move it back to the radiator support and put a pan between the bumper and the radiator support? I think right there at the front makes too big of a front "wall" on your car.... my
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Yeah, it is a bit excessive, I was going for this sort of thing.

Comment

• maybe rather than shorter, you could put it at more of an angle like the Sunoco car... that's actually kind of amazing how far the spoiler is off the ground.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I LOVE it. It's only to low if you hit something with it Mike LOL.

Comment

• I finally got the Jav cleaned up for a little show put on this morning by my workplace. Great weather.
                        The car sure looks good when it's all cleaned up! I am SO lucky to have it.

Comment

• My wife and I just finished a great weekend with the car. Dropped the kids with Grandma and took a 500-plus mile road-trip vacation with the wife in the old Rambler!
                          For those of you with functioning old cars… DO THIS!

One observation I had is how amazingly impractical these cars are, 4 days of clothes, a small cooler and a few odds and ends is just about max for this pony car, and that was just the two of us. The folks that bought these new loved or wanted them so badly that they ignored the impracticality aspect, cool!

We spent some time in West/Central part of the state, probably some of the best curvy, country roads in the Midwest. In addition to that, there must be some creative juices flowing in that area too, we stayed around the area of Spring Green WI and there are two notable attractions here; Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin and School are just outside of town. Also, and more notably to this crowd, the Ring brothers shop is also in Spring Green, so there may be something in the water?

On Sat AM we hit the cool little car show that takes place every year in the middle of the small town of Spring Green. They park the cars on the main street and side streets. It’s a great venue and I’m surprised more shows aren’t in a setting like this, rather than big empty fields or parking lots. It was nice to walk the town, stop in some local shops and bars while looking at a wide variety of cars!

Saturday night we stayed in Madison WI. Had to drive around the state capital area on Saturday evening trying to find a safe parking spot for the Javelin (yikes!) for our dinner reservations. Driving in a busy urban environment like this (and making some nice V8 racket!), watching onlooker’s reactions is fun; from looks of WTF is that, to thumbs up and smiles, pretty cool

Leave the refined daily driver at home and Drive your junk!
                          Last edited by mike343sharpstick; August 22, 2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• So the front spoiler?

And "drive your junk"? If your car is junk, then I thing we all will admit we wish we had junk like you lol.

Sounded like an awesome trip Mike, all of your fruits of labored payed off with the Jav, now go work on the Gremie, I wanna see that sumbitch hittin' some cone AutoXing!
                            Last edited by mustang13; August 22, 2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• I really enjoy driving my car for long distances. You can really get an idea of what the car was really like when you put miles on it.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

• Trading in my Muscle car hat for a motorcycle helmet this weekend
                                About 2 1/2 years back I broke my KTM, I decided to pull it down and fix it to go on a Motorcycle trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this weekend and do this...

I'm overweight and outa shape so it will be interesting, LOL and undoubtedly fun! I’m not all that good at woods riding on my best day, I mostly have seat-time road racing, but but it is a blast.
                                I know there only a few motorcycle guys here, but all hot rodders should appreciate that the bike is Hot-rodded some.
                                I put a big bore piston in it, because a 510 CC dirt bike wasn't enough. It's now a 540 with 13:1 compression. When I was running the bike in SuperMoto (which is what I bought it for in the first place) I would use the beautiful Ti Exhaust too. What a wonderful sound it makes at WOT. I have dyno sheets on the thing too, can’t remember the numbers now, it’s been a while.
                                In the woods I use the stock exhaust; it meets noise regs and has a spark arrestor.
                                Last edited by mike343sharpstick; September 8, 2011, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X