No announcement yet.

Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you with no marshmallows! Do you still have your eyebrows?

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; December 17, 2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      And you with no marshmallows! Do you still have your eyebrows?

Dan
      there would have been a larger fire..... I'd say it's like brush fire in Santa Ana, but it'd have to be much bigger
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        And you with no marshmallows! Do you still have your eyebrows?

Dan
        He has been saying having hair bangs are over rated.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Just happened to fall on some idea pics tonight. Putting them up. After seeing the Mopar City Missile, if I could afford to do a proper ProStreet conversion, I would in a heartbeat.

It's still too cold to do any real wrenching, but I have a Freiburger-esqe "build board" up in my living room now. Except the balljoint I bashed into oblivion and the electrical mods, most of it is easily achievable. Once I figure out where half of the front drive accessory brackets went to.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Back to work...

The temperatures finally have come back to the land of reality, so after banging my head against the computer for four hours over Managerial Accounting homework, I took a break and went to work on the Impy.

From the board, I picked two fairly easy tasks: Pull the forward fuel lines out of the Mirada, and get the driveline into the Imperial. Too easy, gets some stuff done, shouldn't take too long.

I was right about the fuel lines. Four clips and three cut hoses later, the lines are out of the car. I might have to get creative with the return line, but the other two should be no issue whatsoever.

The driveline gave me an excuse to work out some of the Christmas presents Haley and her family got me. The driveline went in without a hitch. Unfortunately, to get the car jacked up enough, I had pushed it forward about three feet...enough to have the nose sticking out of the garage.

And the trans is locked in a gear. And unlike a GM trans, there's no "feeling" the gear by using the shifter on the trans itself. Oh, no...that'd be waaay too easy. So out came the driveline.

Item to the purchase list: Complete shift linkage setup from a JY car. I don't know what the hell happened to TWO linkages. I have parts strewn all over my workbench, but none seem to link to each other.

Maybe the accounting homework ain't so bad after all.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• reminds me of working construction with a bunch of drunks on summer in college - gave me motivation to stay in school.

factory shift linkage? what's wrong with a hurst on the floor?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  factory shift linkage? what's wrong with a hurst on the floor?
                  1. It's a cruiser more than an all-out runner. No need to slap around gears.
                  2. Until I can do this one right (read: BIG $$) I don't wanna mess with it. The car is pretty sorted as is. I'll think floor shifter when I think the next engine swap up (new Hemi and trans or 440/Tremec)

Comment

• It's about damn time something went RIGHT on that car! Pulled the entire shift linkage assembly out of a '89 Fifth Avenue. Other than having to switch the bar from column to Z-bar, went in perfectly. Now, I have to find out why either the column or the trans-to-Z-bar link is keeping the car from shifting into Park. This problem was there before the engine swap, and I think it's column related.

Comment

• PROGRESS! Shift linkage, fixed, working...just need to buy one grommet. Driveline is in. E-Brake cables are hooked up. Radiator is in. I'm gonna try to wire up the battery to see if I can do early power on checks tonight. If I log in tomorrow, I survived...

Comment

• Did you get the right side header in?
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Yeah, it's been in for a while. Had to pop the passenger steering link, loosen the motor mount, and jack up one side of the engine to do it, but it's in.

Comment

• Come on dash lights!!!
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• zzzt......zzzztt I thought I heard a zap from the West.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                                Come on dash lights!!!
                                well they worked before if they don't now it will just be some cruel joke the universe is playing on him

i say they will not work
                                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                                X