Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    yet you still buy them....

And Bryan, you were killing it with fire; why'd you stop?
    i like making things harder for my slef
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Don't you still play with W-bodies?
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

yuppers

here is the current one a 1997 sedan with a L67 and 4t65 swapped in (in 97 the N/A cars had the god awful 4t60 vacuum assited trans) it is having some teething issues with the swap and the fact it has 247,000 miles
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

Good question.
          Ummm.....SBG.....don't you remember the book? Fire didn't exactly work.

Remy will need to rent a pink septic-pumper truck name Petunia to get the job done right - even then its questionable.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

what an ugly monster...I love it.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Nice find! I... love... these.... cars!!!!!

There is a gold one near my parent's house I'm keeping an eye on!
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Your taste is gloriously bizarre.

This looks like a cool project.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                  Nice find! I... love... these.... cars!!!!!

There is a gold one near my parent's house I'm keeping an eye on!
                  Remy, see what you did? Now the price of these cars and parts are gonna skyrocket thanks to you popularizing them. It didnt help that they destroyed a dozen of these during the filming of F&F 4. Thanks a lot, buddy.
                  Last edited by Scott Liggett; September 18, 2012, 01:37 PM.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Give me a break, Scott. The car was visible for maybe 40 seconds...it's claim to fame was driving into the back of Vin Diesel.
                    Last edited by BangShift McT; September 18, 2012, 05:15 PM.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Ok, I've been mulling over how to perform the engine swap on these cars. I would like to do a full K-Frame drop, since the Mirada's K-frame/suspension is all new and has the aluminum hockey pucks instead of the rubber. I've got a couple of friends that are more than doubtful about that process. Any opinions?

Comment

Not done the K frame drop myself but lots of people on forabodiesonly.com reckon it's the way to go. Definitely worth a shot since you need to pull all the suspension anyway.

Comment

I'm also digging for rear leaf packs. Both of the cars have springs that are bowing upwards, they're so shot. Haven't had luck yet.

Comment

Never done it, hands on.. Have seen it done.. Should be a straight forward swap, same platform, models..
                            Measure and measure again.. Then decide.. Simple stuff like maybe radiator mounts may be different.. MAYBE..
                            Don't be afraid.. Start the swap after measuring.. If it looks good.. Go for it..

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                              I'm also digging for rear leaf packs. Both of the cars have springs that are bowing upwards, they're so shot. Haven't had luck yet.
                              2 cars worth packs... Pick the best mains and build your own..
                              Say.. Take the 4 longest and the 4 next longest and put them together..install and check how it looks.. Might need to remove some.. Or use lowering blocks

Comment

that's how i swapped engine in the 97 grand Prix and the 01 i had dropped the front sub-frame

looking at the 88 factory manual for a M-body does not look that hard as the suspension is self contained because of the lateral torsion bars

Comment

Working...
                                X