Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Sorry Alex, I was operating under the assumption that with an impending wedding and the lowbudget nature that new springs were not in the budget.

But hey, you know him personally, have fun spending his money for him.

(And s-springs CAN be "de-essed" with a little barnyard ingenuity and not much $, you should try it sometime?)
    The wedding isn't the problem, it's the honeymoon, the fact that I have a birthday 2 weeks after the wedding, and that we both shell out a shit ton of money for plane tickets and traveling expenses.
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Just trying to help with low-buck solutions.

Good luck you two!
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Park the cars side by side, slide piano dolly under kmember, unbolt kmember, etc, cherry pick the front of the car up, wheel it over and under the other car, reverse the process. Piece of cake, via the internet. haha
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
          Dunbar can re-arch. One less thing to worry about.

Now, to the swap en masse. When would be a good time to do it? I have a section of time in October (12-14) that should be about perfect. I can get the rear swapped in before then, maybe even with the springs re-arched by then. I've got a carb conversion computer interface en route (I HOPE) and everything else is there. I should have Ryan M. and Greg (JapTrapDriver) on board at least, maybe even Ryan S. and a couple other people. I'm banking on needing the cherry picker, and a few jacks and stands (I've got six stands, I think.) I'm sure I'll need heavy tools for the K-frames, still wondering how the hell that's gonna work out. But I don't wanna give up a fresh frontend, that'd be stupid.

Getting a little nervous...
          easy-peasy man...dont stress it. slow is fast. Take some time the night before to look over everything, get a good idea where to start and then dive in head first in the morning. If I was not a state away and if I didnt have a shit load of crap to do, I would truck the tool box and all my shit up there and hep out.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
            Getting a little nervous...
            That, my friend, has nothing to do with mamma Mopar
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
              The wedding isn't the problem, it's the honeymoon, the fact that I have a birthday 2 weeks after the wedding, and that we both shell out a shit ton of money for plane tickets and traveling expenses.
              There goes Bryan's life...
              My wife's birthday is one week before our anniversary...
              Combining the 2 sure does not work?

Comment

My anniversary and birthday both occured during dragweek - and my wife still talks to me. If it was her birthday, perhaps not.

Tread lightly big guy!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  My anniversary and birthday both occured during dragweek - and my wife still talks to me. If it was her birthday, perhaps not.

Tread lightly big guy!
                  Knowing what I know now... I would have gotten married in June (my birthday) instead of September (her birthday)
                  Before you ask.. Today is #38 for us....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Knowing what I know now... I would have gotten married in June (my birthday) instead of September (her birthday)
                    Before you ask.. Today is #38 for us....
                    Congrats Bob - it's amazing you found a woman that still is both blind and deaf (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      Congrats Bob - it's amazing you found a woman that still is both blind and deaf (lol)
                      Yep, got lucky... Good women seem to be hard to come by.. She puts up with me.. That's saying alot!

Comment

So what does it mean when they start telling you that they put up with you?

I mean, yeah dear, I realize that. I also put up with you. Was that not part of the agreement?
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          There goes Bryan's life...
                          My wife's birthday is one week before our anniversary...
                          Combining the 2 sure does not work?
                          It's better than my parents...they got married on Daddy's birthday...which is Christmas Eve. There's lots of festivities at our house around Christmas lol.
                          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I mean, yeah dear, I realize that. I also put up with you. Was that not part of the agreement?
                            NO NEVER say you put up with her to her or someone that will tell her!
                            Might be a fact..just doesn't work..
                            All marriages are lopsided... Oscillates from side to side..

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                              It's better than my parents...they got married on Daddy's birthday...which is Christmas Eve. There's lots of festivities at our house around Christmas lol.
                              Wow! Maybe it is better... Guys tend not to care too much one way or another..

Comment

can I have your austin healy when you're dead? because Stin, you miss signs like that and you're one step away from stepping off a cliff.

Comment

Working...
                                X