Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    NO NEVER say you put up with her to her or someone that will tell her!
    Might be a fact..just doesn't work..
    All marriages are lopsided... Oscillates from side to side..
    it oscillates? I don't think that word means what you think it means. To oscillate means to go from side to side.... and that's not how this works...... strangely, as negative as that sounds, it's actually a good thing. To demonstrate. "Honey, we bought you a dinning room table, can we get me a motorcycle?" "no"..... but why does she say no? Because she knows you'll take that jump in the backyard that you're always talking about and since you're no longer young and spry, you break like a vase.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      can I have your austin healy when you're dead? because Stin, you miss signs like that and you're one step away from stepping off a cliff.
      Can just picture Mrs. Stiney telling the cops," fool stood too close to the edge" when in reality there was a firm hand on his back...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        it oscillates? I don't think that word means what you think it means. To oscillate means to go from side to side.... and that's not how this works...... strangely, as negative as that sounds, it's actually a good thing. To demonstrate. "Honey, we bought you a dinning room table, can we get me a motorcycle?" "no"..... but why does she say no? Because she knows you'll take that jump in the backyard that you're always talking about and since you're no longer young and spry, you break like a vase.

Honey gets a dining room table, you get a turbo or two... That is my point...
        I buy motorcycles... How much I pay and how fast it is determines how long I'm in the doghouse...
        Especially nowadays, as unsteady as I am...

Comment

Hmm...I wonder about y'all, I really do...

Bored today, decided to try to clean it up to see what I'm up against in the visuals department. On the positive side, the leather took the conditioner like a freakin' sponge and is much better for it. I laid on a few heavy coats of conditioner, I'll check on it again in a couple of days.

The wash and wax showed a slightly worse story. Most of the car has some form of heat damage, ranging from cracked clearcoat on 3/4 of the car to the trunk's sandpaper texture. At least it was worth a shot...

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Make sure you wear a seat belt the next couple of days after the leather conditioner unless you like hitting the passenger door on left hand turns.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              Make sure you wear a seat belt the next couple of days after the leather conditioner unless you like hitting the passenger door on left hand turns.
              While that made me lol i hope everyone always wears their safety harness!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

No worries...no fuel tank=no Slip'n'Slide.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  While that made me lol i hope everyone always wears their safety harness!
                  I use to clean the seats on dad's Caddy's then ride in the back seat sliding back and forth until he got pissed off.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey cool car! Its going to be one unique ride,thats for sure. THat was a pretty expensive car when it was new, I remember going to the NY auto show that year and seeing it there. There was a Frank Sinatra edition of it too.
                    Last edited by antmnte; September 22, 2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                      Hmm...I wonder about y'all, I really do...

Bored today, decided to try to clean it up to see what I'm up against in the visuals department. On the positive side, the leather took the conditioner like a freakin' sponge and is much better for it. I laid on a few heavy coats of conditioner, I'll check on it again in a couple of days.

The wash and wax showed a slightly worse story. Most of the car has some form of heat damage, ranging from cracked clearcoat on 3/4 of the car to the trunk's sandpaper texture. At least it was worth a shot...

At least it have one colour..some lowering and some wider wheels,and it will look hard..18x7 steelies,or 17x8 Cragar nascar wheels..it has 4,5 inch bolt pattern?.Must ba alot of Mustang wheels and Nissan wheels out there,that can be bought cheap..

Comment

For the quick interm, it's getting the trailer wheels and BFG's from the Mirada. Any taller of a tire and I've got serious issues with clearance. I need to actually sit down and figure out what will fit.

I'm trying to shy away from going NASCAR on this thing. I'm just wanting clean outside and inside with a restoration appearance, and the biggest hammer I can afford under the hood. I've looked at everything from wide late '70s Mopar rallys to Dayton wires...

Comment

I like it! That's ,going to be a nice project to work on. Something you don't see every day. I like the sleeper luxo look myself. Yeah nice running 360, bigger rims and tires and some suspension work! Back in the early 80's they use to run a Formula 1 race or something at the NY Giants stadium in East Rutherford NY (could never understand calling them a NY team when they were in NJ). There was a team that had a new Continental, the first ones that were 4 door on the Fox platform with the sloping deck lid. The car was totally stock looking body wise, 2 tone factory paint but with a big set of wheels for the time. Underneath was a Canton road race pan, headers a big fat splined front bar with adjustable links, all high end road race stuff. It was like a sledge hammer in a velvet glove. Never forgot that car or look.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

If you ever wondered if I just make this shit up for laughs or if this really happens...just watch. Trust me. It gets good.

NSFW Language. And keep in mind, there is NO fuel tank of any kind in this car and I've ran out whatever fuel was in the lines.
                            Last edited by BangShift McT; September 23, 2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Here's the basic story of the video:

Earlier tonight, Ryan M., Wally and my landlord had come over to fix my garage door opener. Lots of questions about the Imperial, so I had shot a spray into the air cleaner, turned it over and it kicked. I shot two more sprays into the air cleaner, closed the lid, and forgot about it.

Two hours later, I, for whatever reason, tried to turn it over, and with NO spray, started and idled for about a minute. Ryan and I looked at each other in pure shock...there is NO fuel in the line. None. No tank on the car. This car just ran on vaporized MEK and unicorn farts...pure F'n magic. So we sprayed the plate, put the lid on and waited ten minutes, sure enough, the car did it again.

I started to wonder if it'd be enough to get the car to move a couple of feet. However, the magic had gone. But we wanted to see it run again. And that's where the video starts.

New engine cannot come quick enough.

Comment

It looks like I need tires sooner than I thought. I do not want to keep running the buckshot rims on these Mopars...ideas, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X