Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DanStokes
    Sounds like a busy Winter!

I tried to eat a Local Honey but ME wouldn't stand for it! No sense of humor in that department. And Bee Spit is not compatible with my kaput pancreas.

yeah, thanks for that Dan, you beeeat me to it. haha. Local Honey=empty bedroom.

Soda blasting apparently does not work well in the snow. Clogs up the nozzle.

Todd, CDMBill's Mustang has some handling tricks I've been told, probably a good source of information. I'd mad max that bitch myself, but I'm all screwed up.
    Last edited by Beagle; September 22, 2012, 06:16 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My first car was a '72. I painted it a 90's Ford truck color called Deep Jewel Green Poly. Looked beautiful...wish I hadn't sold it!

Comment

I'm assuming the car in Arlid's pics is bagged. No way that stance with springs would last 5 minutes on real roads.

Green is a great color for this body style, the green in the pic you showed would be stunning. With a bit of gold detail on the tail light panel and the hood scoop / grille perhaps.

What color interior are you thinking?
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I have black and green interior pieces, might just do some custom stuff because I can get foam and poster board cheap. It depends on what direction I go with the outside.

Been thinking satin black hood with that green, and satin black tail panel with body color bumpers. If I got with the black accents and hood, then the interior will also go black. If I go with customs door panels, headliner, etc, then I can do about anything I want inside. What would really be cool is smooth everything like the one Arild posted, drop it and run some 17" wheels, but do a two tone like Foose would do, just no idea what the second color would be. It would have to be complimentary not contrasting and only on the hood, tops of fenders, and roofline/c pillars. Satin or flat black wouldnt work, so it would have to be something shiny, and gold is just too jarring but it would be very cool.

I mean if I am going to do it, then it may as well be done up in a very nice eye catching way instead of a stock rebuild. So it will probably get a stroked 351C 4V just because I have them laying around. Throw some power at it and make it really stand out for a driver. I dont build show cars, especially not out of something so rusty.

Comment

Life sure has changed since I started this thread... For the better, and I figured out the breathing problem. It was paint, not allergies.

Anyway, the Mustang has been held hostage since 2013, along with equipment, tools, parts, engines, transmissions and assorted stuff. This week it was released from imprisonment and its awaiting its spot in the shop and some welding time. I am quite a bit better at this stuff than last I worked on this one... We'll see how it comes out. I'm reviving this because the Cutlass and Mustang are going to get attention this winter, I want to build a gasser, and a twin turbo sleeper. That means these things need done. The Mustang might end up funding something, which would be very cool, but as it is, nobody wants to touch it.

Comment

Bet you'll make that somethin' special! Please keep us in the loop (whatever the heck THAT means).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Bet you'll make that somethin' special! Please keep us in the loop (whatever the heck THAT means).

Dan

No worries Dan, you will be in the loop if you follow along. Going to do this one and the Cutlass this winter, if I can ever get the lean to put up so the GTOs don't have to be in the shop. Been making room for work the last couple days, and trying to get a POS chevy truck going. It might just get puched back out and wait for the LS install parts. Headers are so pricey for that.

Comment

Working...
                X