My 66 Mustang coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 66 Mustang coupe

Here's my 66 Mustang. These pictures where taken in my neighbor's driveway as mine was getting repaved. I've had it about 13 years. It's a California car so rust in very minimal. Presently it has a tire '72 302 and C4. Sitting in my basement is a fresh .040 302, a set of GT40P heads, a Performer cam and Edelbrock Performer 289 intake along with a 600 CFM Edelbrock carb. It will be converted to either a Toploader or T5, I have both along with most of the parts to do the swap, just haven't decided. Presently the car is sitting in the parking garage at work, out of the elements. Once I recover from the house fire I had, I hope to work on it. Those 14" Magnum 500's from the mid 70's are gone with a new set of 15 X 7 TTD's waiting to go on.

The stickers on the rear bumber are UCLA parking stickers from 1975. There's also a STP Air computer sticker under the hood.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: My 66 Mustang coupe

I hate California...out here in the rust belt that thing would probably be nothing but a nice pile of dust by now.

Comment

Looks good, can't wait to see some progress pics
      Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

I LIKE it :D! Weatherbeat'n Cars are my favorite things 8)! Are you eventually going to put the Vinyl Top back on? ~OO6.

Comment

Beautiful machine. I'm partial to 66 coupes. Can't wait to see more

Comment

Well, I woke it up from it's 3 year slumber the other day. One or both of the needles stuck in the Edelbrock and slightly flooded the car. Took the top off and loosened them up, re-gapped the plugs back down to .034 from .045. The Petronix doesn't seem to be too happy at that gap the last time I ran it. It looks like #5 doesn't want to fire at idle, got to check that out.

The C4 is kinda iffy. It leaks oil like a sieve and has a bad vibration related to the trans. I'm planning on putting in a T5, I have just about all the parts, just missing a clutch set up basically along with not deciding whether to use a adapter plate for the stick bellhousing or convert a T5 cable housing to use the 66 clutch linkage. I'm leaning toward just sticking in the good low milage C4 I have sitting in my garage just to get the car drivable and to have some fun with it rather then starting another project on the car.

I took some pictures the other day but unfortunately the piddly little flash on my camera isn't enough to over come to poor lighting.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

i like that color, i worked at a small mustang restoration shop for a while, pretty easy cars to work on, but i just felt like i had sinned every time i got in my caprice to go home, just felt dirty and ashamed..lol

68 gt fastback we done , 390 4 speed car.
              instead of pulling the back seat up and unbolting the seatbelts , someone cut em and then used bolts to put em back togeather.

original cobrajet 4 speed car here.

Comment

*LOL* Jim, you like the color? It's been repainted twice with cheap paint jobs. The original color was a light blue, then it was painted a dark blue then grey or silver. It's faded and chaulkie along with the vynal roof peeling. I was thinking once it's road worthy again to scuff it up and shoot it with black primer for now.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Rockford
                  i like that color, i worked at a small mustang restoration shop for a while, pretty easy cars to work on, but i just felt like i had sinned every time i got in my caprice to go home, just felt dirty and ashamed..lol

68 gt fastback we done , 390 4 speed car.
                  instead of pulling the back seat up and unbolting the seatbelts , someone cut em and then used bolts to put em back togeather.

original cobrajet 4 speed car here.

mustang shop where?

Comment

J&J mustang in mineral Va.

Comment

What's Mineral near? I have a friend that moved around the Richmond area.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

its between richmond and charlottesville, its near another little bit bigger town called louisa.

Comment

your on the other side of lake anna?

Comment

Working...
                          X