73 Javelin Project car Ace,s an Eights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys an girls
    Does anyone know where you can buy these. I think they are called window sweeps. Not sure of the tec name. But as u can see I will be needing to replace it or something.And not sure how to remove them. But it does't look that bad.Looks like clips.this is on the drivers door.The little strip of crome with what use to be rubber and I think it had felt on it to. Thanks for any info
    "You Don't Get Old And Stop Racing" You Get Old When You Stop Racing"

Comment

There are a few AMC restoration vendors that sell all this stuff.
      I use APD for most of this stuff.

Keep up the good work, seems like this body style is getting (more) popular lately.
      Last edited by mike343sharpstick; November 5, 2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

if they're like everyone else's.. they're held on by clips that hold the sweep from falling into the door, and by 4 or so tiny, phillips screws (that are generally very rusty). To remove, drill the screws out, and pull up on the sweep.... try not to bleed too much - those little beggers are sharp
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

On my early Javelin it was only clips, I just replaced them a few months back. As the newer Javelins have the same doors as the early cars it's likely the same deal.
          When you get the new ones it will be obvious how to get the old ones out ;).

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. They look like clips. Just off work for a couple of days. But I have been worried to death on finding them and replacements. but seems it is not that big of a deal. just hate to do all this work and not replace them. Cause as we all know it is in the details. Have seen to many cars that the little things is what has spoiled a great looking car.

Comment

well its kinda a wet and cant do any blasting. But I did get a lot of the undercoat scrape off. Will be so glad to get the front clip done.Still have a ways to go. I did get to take the window fuzzie off it wasnt that bad.Really easy. It was in place with clips and one screw. so it wasn't as bad as I was thinking.Was looking at my doors and I really am not looking forward to removing them. They shut and line up really nice. Just hope I can put them back on and get them back this way.But that is after the front clip is done.

Comment

OK I know this one has nothing to do with my project. But it was a project a few months ago. I had forgotten how much fun this car is . We have one more race this year and then its over till spring. And my son wants to go and see what kind of time she will do.It seems to be pretty stout. We put a 350 in that is pushing around 300 to 325 horse,s with a shift kit and 1500 stall with a 4:11 posi to put it all to the pavement. I may be wanting to much but I am hoping that with the meat hooks on and open the headers. Mabe just mabe if it will do a 7.99 1/8 mile it will tickle me to death. But then I might be just dreaming .So we got till Thanksgiving to get ready for the turkey strut.Hope we will find out.

Comment

Working...
                X