37 Chevy / 5.3LS 4L60E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 Chevy / 5.3LS 4L60E

I'm building a '37 Chevrolet 4 door with a 5.3 LS, 4l60E and 8.8 Ford Explorer rear end. 4 wheel disc brakes, chassis engineering suspension. It's going to be a daily driver that I'm going to make look as original as possible but have a modern drivetrain.

I'm taking the 5.3 and using a single plane intake with injectors with an Accufab throttle body to make it look like an old school small block chevy.

Here's a link to my build thread (The last few updates are on a 71 Pontiac wagon I'm building for my wife for her to drive until the 37 is finished):

http://www.aprilmays37.blogspot.com/

Welcome to BS! Nice 37, looks like you're off to a good start. Don't be afraid to post pictures for the guys who can't write or read like me.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Thanks. I've got tons of pictures at the link I posted there. I'm currently stuck working on another project and can't wait to be able to get back to work on the '37.

Comment

I,m with Huskin. am in the same boat don't read and write to good plus can't spell either. Looks like a good start to a good project. just keep da pic,s coming.
        "You Don't Get Old And Stop Racing" You Get Old When You Stop Racing"

Comment

Great project! Welcome to the board. What part of Tn you from? Post more pictures.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I wouldn't know where to begin posting pictures. I have hundreds of them at the link I posted that follow the progress all the way from the beginning.

Here's a pictures of the engine. I'm running a GMPP single plane intake drilled for injectors with an Accufab 4150 throttle body. I'm putting a '57 Chevrolet air cleaner on top and I'm going to fab up some old small block Chevrolet valve covers to go on top of the actual valve covers. My plan is to paint it orange and make it look like an old 265 or 283.

Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
              Great project! Welcome to the board. What part of Tn you from? Post more pictures.
              Near Nashville

Comment

I like your plan for the engine...........will look cool.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Valvecovers that look like a flat head complete with acorn nuts? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Vetteman61 View Post
                    Near Nashville
                    Too far away for me to help much then.

Gonna have an oil fill in the front center?
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

No oil filter in the center. Since LS engines are so particular about cold air I'm going to run an intake hose from above the radiator into the air cleaner.

I'm not sure what you mean by flathead. I'm just going to use old small block chevy valve covers to cover the existing real valve covers and relocate the coils somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X