Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's 1969 Firebird OHC six project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GH View Post
    Randal, I didn't know you had all those photos of us working on the old Buick rocker arm assembly on the salt. How about the wooden plugs in the end of the shaft?
    That's what the second picture was showing. Two more.

Before install.

And on the engine.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Randal, you know we got that rockerarm assembly from Jeff Brock, he has that Buick that is in the new Hot Rod Mag. He runs the intake manifold that I fabricated that we ran for the first few years.

Comment

• Jeff's a character, no?! I've enjoyed having him in Impound. And I love seeing Buick straight Eights on the Salt - part of the fun.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          Pulled the exhaust off the car today. Had to drop the rear axle to pull it out in one piece. I don't know if I dis-liked the cold (8*F-10*F) or the dirt floor or the fact I had to drop the rear axle. I'm going to swap the exhaust with the Skylark because this one has an X-pipe in it and half the true dual exhaust of the Skylark can be used on the L6 engine. I think I'm going to get a sheet or two or high grade plywood before I start the Skylark's exhaust.

Man , that made me shiver.
          Need some concrete Randall
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Need some concrete Randal
            You buy'in?

Comment

• Coldest thing in my garage is the concrete I stand on.

Funny, when I had all the guys over this weekend to play with the Folvo, they were all fighting to stand on the rubber pad.
              I'm still learning

Comment

• Randall,
                If you can make it out to Pinon Hills CA (El Mirage area) you can use my shop. Not much to look at but super functional. Lots of cold dirt to lie on as well. Loved watching the straight 8 Buick kill it at ElMirage in Nov. What a cool ride.
                www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                Bruce K Bridges

Comment

• Originally Posted by TheSilverBuick
                  Pulled the exhaust off the car today. Had to drop the rear axle to pull it out in one piece. I don't know if I dis-liked the cold (8*F-10*F) or the dirt floor or the fact I had to drop the rear axle. I'm going to swap the exhaust with the Skylark because this one has an X-pipe in it and half the true dual exhaust of the Skylark can be used on the L6 engine. I think I'm going to get a sheet or two or high grade plywood before I start the Skylark's exhaust.

Man , that made me shiver.
                  Need some concrete Randall

But it's a dry cold. LOL
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

But it's a dry cold. LOL
                    Nuh huh. Humidity was around 70% when he posted the weather page. That's a frozen swamp weather.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I know what the weather page said, but it definitely was dry. Humid cold definitely feels even colder. I actually wasn't cold the whole time I was working on it due to my carhart suit, knit cap and gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        I know what the weather page said, but it definitely was dry. Humid cold definitely feels even colder. I actually wasn't cold the whole time I was working on it due to my carhart suit, knit cap and gloves.
                        ..... and your electric long johns.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• If you get a furnace - try to scrounge a down flow - they push the heat across the floor - makes it nice when you're on a creeper under a car.

you have a roof over head and one area of the garage with a concrete floor and a wood stove..... baby steps!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• There is a dusty kerosene/diesel salamander in the corner of the barn that the previous owner left behind. I wonder if it works or I can get it to work. Might try it out if I get concrete. I also still have a second wood stove in the barn just sitting in a corner collecting dust. I'd have to pipe the exhaust still if I install it somewhere. There is a second heat scavenger fan for a wood stove in the barn too, I wonder if it works?

Comment

• Only one way to find out......

BTW - the guys are installing my chimney today for the hanging furnace. I'll have a toasty shop as soon as I get the gas cylinder delivered.

Dan

Comment

• Dan - does this mean we'll be seeing that MB / chevy running soon?
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X