Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's 1969 Firebird OHC six project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler is probably not helping much. With those gears, I would expect that low compression 400, 700R4 and 2.73 gears to be pretty miserable below 75mph, even with a Firebird being relatively light. 1800 RPM does seem on the low end too, but I expect an engine like that to be making 90% torque by about 1500.
    Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
    1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
    1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• Just to humor myself I decided to measure the volume of the chamber on the '66 1bbl head I modified to see what it is and to plug that number into my engine parameters. It came out to 65cc's and have 9.55:1 compression on my engine, which is about 1.25 more than it currently has. I'd have to work over the other chambers, do some porting, and possibly minor machine work for me to be happy enough with it to use. I do think I have some brand new OE valves for this head, and I probably would shim up the springs it came with. If I used a set of TRW LF2289 pistons and cut some small valve relief's in them, my compression would be a flat 9.0. So I think I may have a game plan for a "back up" engine. What I'm considering for my primary turbo engine is getting some forged flat top pistons and have some minor valve relief's cut into the top and that should net me 8.8:1 or so, which is good.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• The wife and I are heading out for the Car Craft Anti-Tour later today. Going to take a leisurely drive to the mountains, then out to the coast before the start then up to Morro Bay for the car show there (part of the Anti-Tour). It'll be a a bit over 1,500 miles when all said and done. Hoping for a trouble free drive and a fun few days I wanted to visit the sailing rocks in Death Valley on the return, but it appears to be a ton of dirt road and actually more worrisome is running out of gas! Will have to check that off the bucket list another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          The wife and I are heading out for the Car Craft Anti-Tour later today. Going to take a leisurely drive to the mountains, then out to the coast before the start then up to Morro Bay for the car show there (part of the Anti-Tour). It'll be a a bit over 1,500 miles when all said and done. Hoping for a trouble free drive and a fun few days I wanted to visit the sailing rocks in Death Valley on the return, but it appears to be a ton of dirt road and actually more worrisome is running out of gas! Will have to check that off the bucket list another time.

holy shit!! When did this happen? Congratulations Randal!

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Me Too! I know you had found Ms. Right but dang, you move fast! Best to the two of you. I genuinely hope you two are as content as ME and I have been.

Dan

Comment

• I thought he was gonna be a June bride...errr I mean groom! Guess he talked her into a quick run to Vegas?

Comment

• I think there was an official union, then the show union was to be later. Good plan, reel them in when you can, do the showy stuff at your leasure!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• haha, Yes, government rules dictated we get married within 90 days, so we had a short wedding in Vegas with my parents. Larger more extravagant wedding plans are for October or later (after Drag Week

Viva Las Vegas!

Through the magic of black duct tape I temporarily installed the Raspberry Pi and screen. I have it hooked up to a battery power source so it doesn't reset each time I turn the car off, just have to remember to shut it down at the end of the day.

Comment

• Well hell, then! Lemme offer congrats!
                    May your marriage last as long as mine is.. 40 years and still ticking...

Comment

• Like all of us, you married up! Short ladies are WAY cool in my book (though ME is taller than I am). Always latitude for Ms. Right!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        haha, Yes, government rules dictated we get married within 90 days, so we had a short wedding in Vegas with my parents. Larger more extravagant wedding plans are for October or later (after Drag Week

Viva Las Vegas!

Through the magic of black duct tape I temporarily installed the Raspberry Pi and screen. I have it hooked up to a battery power source so it doesn't reset each time I turn the car off, just have to remember to shut it down at the end of the day.
                        As someone who had "Government Rules" placed on his wedding (well really the aftermath), I got to ask why you had 90days on yours?
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married, you will need to file a

• You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.

Comment

• You'll be needing to change that signature.

Comment

• That's what we though (we being the wife and I). Mine was on a sudent visa so the scramble was to get it changed once we got married since that is a change in status and she couldn't stay on the student visa. Where's she from if you don't mind us asking?
                              Central TEXAS Sleeper
                              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• In Soviet Russia we can visit junkyards too!

Comment

Working...
                                X