No announcement yet.

Sar h3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... Know the feeling... I shoul....DAMMIT!
    Usually, I'm pretty good at backing off.. Like drilling the rims with tires mounted.. I tend to keep going past my endurance/control points.. With dumbshit results...

Comment

a bit more work
      the H3 has 85k miles, so it's time to change the shocks

the transfer case skid plate is weak - so I replaced it with something studier

(nothing like having some spare stainless around)

there will be skid plating here - just not sure how I'm going to do it
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

do H3s come with a LS engine ? my wife was making googly eyes with a H3 truck the other night
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
          do H3s come with a LS engine ? my wife was making googly eyes with a H3 truck the other night
          H3 Alpha is the hummer you're looking for. 5.3L LS motor. 2006 were gutless, 2007-up weren't as bad, but still, lots of torque, no hp..... 2008 they put the 5.3 in all the GM small pickups and H3s..... but changed the gear ratio from 4.56 to 4.10s - so in a race, the 3.7l and the 5.3l would be neck in neck, but once you're at highway speeds the 5.3 will run away.... I know, I've had a 3.7l before this one.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 24, 2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Was out late last night... came back without a front license plate

okay, I removed it - the screws were too long and against the winch rope

watch out for the ...... tree

later today I'll post pictures of it mostly fixed.... it's just plastic.... a bit o'glue, some epoxy, and it'll be good enough for the next tree

In other news, the winch worked excellent, as did the H3....

Comment

and glued back together - they don't have to be pretty, simply functional until the new bits arrive

Comment

Thought you were gonna give a tutorial on how to make new ones out of stainless....
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 31, 2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Thought you were gonna give a tutorial on how to make new ones out of stainless....

I'll neither admit nor deny that there was a discussion about making nerf tubes that follow the radius stainless would be a nice touch.... hmmm, I do have.... dang you Bob!
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 31, 2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'll neither admit nor deny that there was a discussion about making nerf tubes that follow the radius stainless would be a nice touch.... hmmm, I do have.... dang you Bob!
                    Polished? Smooth surfaces do not "hold" mud....

Comment

hmmmm... and now we have clicking/clunking coming from what seemed to be the front end.... it's not coming from there, transfer case.... ugh - GM and their awesome, plastic shift forks.... fork this, I'm leaving it 'til next year.

Comment

lookin' forward to seein' you (R posts) tomorrow!! Happy New Year!!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          lookin' forward to seein' you (R posts) tomorrow!! Happy New Year!!
                          ah the power of the internet.... yep, it's a plastic shift lever that's the issue.... $15.25 for a metal replacement one from GM....

oh, and I also found out..... 5 year, 100k powertrain warranty on 08 and up GM cars and trucks..... mine has just under 90k

.... Love it

Comment

Are you sure you wanna put that in a dealership for 9 months like the other car you had??

$$$ wise.. I can see doing that..

My take on most repair places is I can f' up just as well.. Both cost me $$

My chevy 4X4 had a nasty habit of not engaging the 4 by when I turned the hubs. (I got a bad habit of turning the hubs after I'm stuck...) plastic 1/4 turn locking hubs.. Put the brass Warn ones on.. No more problems

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Are you sure you wanna put that in a dealership for 9 months like the other car you had??

$$$ wise.. I can see doing that..

My take on most repair places is I can f' up just as well.. Both cost me $$

My chevy 4X4 had a nasty habit of not engaging the 4 by when I turned the hubs. (I got a bad habit of turning the hubs after I'm stuck...) plastic 1/4 turn locking hubs.. Put the brass Warn ones on.. No more problems
                              yep, was my second thought after I realized it's covered under warranty...

I don't use anything but brass lockers... and I've blown those off the ends of my spindles as well

and there was a thought of an atlas transfer case with a solid axle conversion ....

Comment

Funny, I'm actually relieved at this news - it's not covered, the warranty expired 9/17/12.

Comment

Working...
                                X