Sar h3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Here it is apart, now picture this picture 6 times.
    that pretty much sums up why I won't buy a GM...

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• The GM part lasted 110,000 miles, the chinesium didn't work out of the box....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• BTDT...It's frustrating as hell being the QA department for a vendor and not getting paid for it. I guess accountants don't put much stock in their reputation.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Would you buy stock in accountants? last time the accountants ruled the world, they ran GM into the ground and you paid a lot more for energy from Enron.

Comment

• Wow....so this is what lawyers feel like. Ouch.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

So are you happy with these shocks now that you have run them a while?

I am to the point of shock decisions on the CJ7. What I have in spare parts don't work in the OEM SOA configuration, I kinda like how they feel but can't identify them.

Decisions, decisions.

These do NOT fit. Work fine, but useless. Maybe I can put them on a sandrail sometime.

Recommendations?

Comment

• make you a heck-of-a-deal on Rancho 9000s.... they're utter crap, but you'll never notice on a leaf sprung Jeep (how's that for a sales-pitch)? oh yeah, and I only have 3.

I like the superlift (rebranded Monroe) shocks. they work well... they're certainly better than the Rancho 9000 flex-limiting shocks that I had started with (if only I could get my money back...)

Ah well, I told Rancho I'd advertise for them

Comment

• Tempting on the Rancho stuff.....after all, its not everyday one meets up with an honest salesman. And 3 for the price of 4? Wowsers!

Thanks again (as always) for the opinion. Monroe, eh? Hmmm.

Comment

• Unless you're building some flexy, rock crawler for overland camping... cheap shocks are actually pretty good.

Comment

• stereo installed

and portable water

Comment

• so more work accomplished to be ready to go to the NW Overland Rally

organized, finally... and a place for Buick to snooze on the top of it all.

Comment

• so I did the once-over-slightly for my trip and fixed the front differential bolt

tent on, ready to go

Comment

I got this H3 to replace the POS GTO which replaced a prior H3.
                            I'm a little late to this thread ... does SAR stand for "Search & Rescue" or something else ?
                            How long have you been doing that ?
                            What level of training are you at ?

But the most interesting thing was you got a GTO to replace an H3 ... how would that be good for SAR ?

Comment

• search and rescue
                              4 years this time around.... when I was in my 20s I did it then as well - but as part of ski patrol
                              level of training, I've made it to sarcastic but not quite to apathetic. I'm one step under EMT for medical training, and they let me hike up trails to haul broken people off the mountain.

When I met my wife, I had a H3, she didn't like it so I traded it for a GTO, I didn't like it. I traded it for another, less fuel efficient H3, now I don't care what she thinks about it.

Comment

level of training, I've made it to sarcastic but not quite to apathetic.
                                When I met my wife, I had a H3, she didn't like it so I traded it for a GTO, I didn't like it. I traded it for another, less fuel efficient H3, now I don't care what she thinks about it.
                                Funny stuff ...

Comment

Working...
                                X