No announcement yet.

Sar h3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man! Is it less packaging coupled with "don't give a shit attitude" in handling?

Comment

• nope, I think it was truly a factory-installed flaw.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        I learned stuff.... brand new spark plugs can be faulty (cracked). Brand new coils will be destroyed in 10 minutes or less by broken spark plugs..... now you learned stuff too - only it didn't cost $800 for you to learn it.

OUCH! Thanks for the lesson!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• can only laugh - I have no idea why today the post-o2 sensor decided to fail but fail it did.... hopefully that is the last of the gremlins. Some other news - so I had an aftermarket tune in the vehicle, it runs tons better with the stock GM tune and this entire thing actually gained me at least (by my calibrated butt dyno) 50 hp. Makes total sense because the restriction on the exhaust with those cats and post cats had to be tremendous. Other bonus is it now sounds like a V8....

Comment

• might as well laugh... all of this started because I needed to pass smog.
            then this

and that's weird

there is an occasional thunk that turned into a not-occasional-thunk.
            my first guess was something wrong with the front diff

but it's perfect

then I started playing with the CV... there's one problem

that isn't, however, why I have a leak in the middle of the vehicle

nothing looks amiss
            that's weird

so then I changed the fluid in the t-case

it's bleeding
            found the thunk and noise.... I wonder if I'll have enough parts between this one and the other t-case I blew up to make one good one?

to recap - when you replace cats to pass smog, everything else blows up....

Comment

• most of my time this evening was spent making this hole

the news is I may have enough parts between my 2 transfer cases to make one good one... I'll know tomorrow.

Comment

• Good luck!

Dan

Comment

• Heard from transmission guy today - $400 parts and labor to make the 2 transfer cases one. I'm so proud - he said the inside of the transfer case that I just pulled out of the vehicle is utterly trashed.... if you're gonna go, go big

Comment

Heard from transmission guy today - $400 parts and labor to make the 2 transfer cases one. I'm so proud - he said the inside of the transfer case that I just pulled out of the vehicle is utterly trashed.... if you're gonna go, go big
                    to quote ozzy osbourne (in the song "let me here you scream")

"if youre gonna go on
                    go loud go big go proud
                    go off go hard or go home"....

Comment

• No one will ever be able to successfully convict me of not beating this thing like the rented mule it is.

Comment

• Aren't you supposed to drive 4 wheelers "funly"?

Comment

No one will ever be able to successfully convict me of not beating this thing like the rented mule it is.
                          Who would try to do that?
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

Who would try to do that?

Jeep guys - they get all embarrassed when I have to come back and pull them out.

Comment

Jeep guys - they get all embarrassed when I have to come back and pull them out.
                              years ago--like, 25 years ago--i had a 78 K5 blazer with 13" of lift
                              (10" suspension/3"body), a 1/4+ crank 10-1 454 +.060 to 496 with a
                              280/.565/108 isky, same 'polish tunnelram' i STILL havent installed
                              on anything currently, 2x 600 edelbrock carbs, 2"primary hedmans,
                              and a 2200 stall with 2.5 ton rockwells front/rear.

all done at home of course, like most of you i do everything i can
                              except maybe bore a block or something myself. ah, jack of all
                              trades and master of none !

it had 40" hawgs on 16.5x14 bart wheels, and was pretty much unstoppable.
                              i used to run in 2wd even in deep sand--more throttle would get me out of
                              99% of trouble. the very rare occasions where i got "stuck", id get out and
                              lock the hubs, throw the t-case in 4-hi, and drive myself out.

i never needed a pull out--however....

i was always pulling out "real" 4 wheel drives, and yes you are right
                              they werent very happy about it.

bonus? the truck weighed 6700LBS and ripped 13.60's in the quarter....

i only sold it because literally EVERY SINGLE TIME i drove it, i got
                              pulled over and had to spend 45 minutes waiting while they ran warrant
                              checks, measured my bumper height, verified the tire size against the
                              'recon' papers, etc....

the truck was legal to a T, but sure didnt look or sound like it.
                              i just got tired of dealing with dumb cops and having
                              to clear up tickets in court after awhile. i do still miss the truck tho....

Comment

• and look at you now.... in a plastic car.

of course, 32 years ago (you pup), I was in a 1975 K5 Blazer on 44s, 12" lift, 4" body lift, and half ton axles and a 400 sbc.... I was soooo cool at 17 - every one else in their silly Chevelles, Mustangs, and Corvettes. But not me
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 6, 2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X