Sar h3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    and look at you now.... in a plastic car.

of course, 32 years ago (you pup), I was in a 1975 K5 Blazer on 44s, 12" lift, 4" body lift, and half ton axles and a 400 sbc.... I was soooo cool at 17 - every one else in their silly Chevelles, Mustangs, and Corvettes. But not me
    how many times did you break the half tons? i broke mine with 33's-
    the second time i went to dana 60's, when i broke those i did the
    rockwell 2.5's and never had another problem.

or was yours all show/no go?
    Last edited by fatguyzinc; October 6, 2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• you're not listening... if everyone I knew had those cute, little muscle cars - who would I go wheel with?

With that said, no, I never broke but then again, I'm not the type who breaks rocks in a sandbox.... just sayin'
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 6, 2017, 06:56 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

you're not listening... if everyone I knew had those cute, little muscle cars - who would I go wheel with?

With that said, no, I never broke but then again, I'm not the type who breaks rocks in a sandbox.... just sayin'
        so....basically it WAS all just for show then....

its ok, brother. we dont judge here... much...

Comment

• I'm fine with what it was.... it was the most attractive browns you ever did see. We didn't have enough paint to paint it brown, so we did stripes of many shades of brown. You've no idea how tasteful it was. And I was 17, I built it myself, and it was the tallest truck in Portland. Haters always gonna hate.

Comment

I'm fine with what it was.... it was the most attractive browns you ever did see. We didn't have enough paint to paint it brown, so we did stripes of many shades of brown. You've no idea how tasteful it was. And I was 17, I built it myself, and it was the tallest truck in Portland. Haters always gonna hate.
            no hate here mary--just messing with you. i was 19 when i did mine,
            as you all home brewed. it wasnt the tallest--but it was the fastest
            'mini monster truck' on the island, beat MANY a 'hotrod' in impromptu
            stoplight drags and it was untouchable down the beach by any other
            trucks, even did a sand drag against a full-on mud bogger jeep with
            a 327 and paddles, but his balky 3spd manual trans proved to be his
            undoing.....ah, to be young dumb and full of.....well, you know....

Comment

• unlike the magazine editors who work for TEN, I did stupid stuff when I was a kid - and own every minute of it. Unlike them, I have great, true stories.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 7, 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• You two keep talking about K5s and I'm going to start reminiscing about my two K5s out loud ( that must mean capital letters ) . One 77 and one 78 . first a granny low 4 speed the other an auto . I never understood how some of you guys broke diffs . Now the one that had the 4 speed , it could blow u joints on demand .

​Edit - by the way , I painted that truck camo myself . The drab olive base was was applied with a paint roller . I thinned the paint 50 50 with mineral spirits . Painted it and drove it to watch qualifications for the 500 the same day .
                Last edited by Dan Barlow; October 7, 2017, 08:53 PM.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• too much right foot, usually.

Comment

• excessive power/torque, heavy right foot, lots of traction/leverage
                    from big ol honkin tires, and BAM.

whoops.

Comment

• broken bits....

the transfer case guy thinks this was the issue. this was the chain idler

it's usually bolted to those two studs

the theory is both cases failed in the same way - the idler got loose and knocked links off the chain....

but I have the rebuilt case, problem is it is missing a seal so no install tonight

hopefully tomorrow

Comment

• It's fixed, now if it will just pass smog tomorrow... that seal? yeah, I fudged and bought one 1 mm narrower because it was available today.

Comment

• Availability is often the deciding factor! We'll played sir!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• everything seems to be working fine... but now I don't trust it.

Comment

• Your problems with the newer stuff scare me!
                              I love my older stuff.. I do not commute, thankfully! That probably would be a game changer!

Comment

• I swear it's cursed.

Don't for a moment try to blow that smoke that says that old stuff is reliable. I know what points are and how to sand them.

Comment

Working...
                                X