Mutt The Race Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

If I had to guess, I would guess VM Motori common rail... I'm not sure what it is. It wouldn't surprise me if it was from a Fiat asset like VM Motori is. I think they used them already in the baby Compass SUV which got surprisingly sucky economy. It's so electronic, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it. That's where your Benz mill shines! It will still run after an EMP bomb goes off, making it the perfect Zombie Attack Vehicle.

Hopefully the electro-magnetic pulse bomb doesn't go off in Ohio and kill all the electronic timers, so we can still get a time. Maybe somebody should take a Krondek (sp?) just in case...

store a few timers in a concrete, parking garage.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Concrete shields EMP?
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I think my Centurion will still run after an EMP blast, but I don't know where I'd be able to fill the tank =P
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• With all these "run away diesel" videos Braub keeps posting, you'd think Dan could run his ride on the motor oil of all the computerized cars left for dead after an EMP.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• it will run just fine on trans fluid. lots of dead cars with autos in them after a EMP blast

Comment

• Or home heating oil.....if the mutated zombies dont drink all the stuff first.

It warms my heart. We can still completely derail a thread after all these years.

Steve
              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

• I'm staying completely out of this.

On an unrelated note - my fall cold came back with a vengence so I haven't been out to the shop in days. The project is not abandoned, just on hold.

Dan

Comment

• Get well soon!
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• I am not endorseing this... But it oughta do ya! http://titus2homemaker.com/2013/01/h...-decongestant/

Comment

• let me get this straight, you get sick, load up on onions and garlic... is the purpose then to get your friends (who can still smell) out of the house so you can watch soaps without fear of the ridicule that generally garners?

Comment

• I can't get the home remedy to open, not even from your Email. Something's weird.

As far as watching soaps - well, no. I DO, however, watch home improvement shows when I'm holed up in the house for days. There, I said it, right out loud.

Dan

Comment

• Cold... Thai food or Kimchi.

My wife says Kimchi is like special forces for your immune system, one good dose and stuff clears up in like 2 days tops generally.
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• Can't do it. I've tried but other than little bits of kimchi WITH Be-Bim-Bob I really can't do it. I guess I'm TOO European - as far as I can tell, 1/2 German and 1/2 English. Besides, no Korean restaurants here (I wonder why?) - an order of Be-Bim-Bob sounds good for dinner.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Concrete shields EMP?
                              yes - I know this will come as a surprise, but the media has so overblown the EMP thing. Most basement garages are more than sufficient to protect a car from EMP blasts, there's even some testing that's shown that steel-bodied cars do enough to protect the circuits...

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              I think my Centurion will still run after an EMP blast, but I don't know where I'd be able to fill the tank =P
                              it will if you store an HEI computer in a lead lined box, bury them in a cave, or use the aforementioned concrete parking garage....

and as a general rule - the air force has been protecting their planes from EMP for decades, it's not heavy anything that does it, it's simply more robust systems , aluminum surrounding critical circuits, and good grounding to those shields... honestly, do you think that if one space-burst bomb was enough to shut the entire US down; someone would have done it long before now?....
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 27, 2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                ... honestly, do you think that if one space-burst bomb was enough to shut the entire US down; someone would have done it long before now?....
                                Honestly, that is something I have been pondering for some time. If its so easy, why haven't the collective-cuckcoos done it? Guess now we all know.......answer MUST be "They already have and it didn't work".

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X