The KIA is getting a Recharge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The KIA is getting a Recharge.

The Kia is getting reborn again, getting the cage in, more updates to come. Over the past 2 years of absence from here the KIA has had a bit of Engine Work, and a full Nitrous Kit with Progressive Controller. I put the interior back in just for comfort, Still have the Kirky Seats and Belts stored away. Need new Belts per the rule book.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fordplay0621; January 6, 2013, 05:19 PM.

Cool deal! Are you heading to Wilmington? Get your room and registration ASAP.

Dan

Comment

I have some work to do still but I will look into that.

Comment

I forgot all about this car, too cool...glad to see it again, looking forward to more.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

It was fun to watch Randy run a little faster each meet. A MPH or so each time - incremental improvements.

Dan

Comment

It was fun tweeking every bit I could out of it too. Was really surprised just how much you can gain from just small adjustments. Good info to have for the next go round. They finally make a few performance parts for them. Cant wait to try a few of them out. The fastest The Kia has gone is 142 mph without the 100 shot put on it. Working on the ECU and progressive Controller for the Nitrous System, and finishing out the Full Rollcage.

Comment

Fitted more of the full rollcage today, tomorrow welding and paint. Window net tabs are somewhere in the garage? The search begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621 View Post
                It was fun tweeking every bit I could out of it too. Was really surprised just how much you can gain from just small adjustments. Good info to have for the next go round. They finally make a few performance parts for them. Cant wait to try a few of them out. The fastest The Kia has gone is 142 mph without the 100 shot put on it. Working on the ECU and progressive Controller for the Nitrous System, and finishing out the Full Rollcage.
                Wow! 142 in the mile! I would have lost money on that bet.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Only about 120 in the mile. There have been a few engine changes since 2009. Just reinstalled the 100 shot with a progressive controller. Still have to install the piggyback ecu and programmer. A new Cam setup, bigger clutch and heavy duty CV shafts, motor mounts and coil packs. Trying to buuld a new intake set up with equall length runners is in the works. Learning to TIG Weld to fab the final product. Starting to get serious about running the KIA again. And that's 140 without Nitrous.
                  Last edited by Fordplay0621; January 6, 2013, 07:40 PM. Reason: adding stats

Comment

Fitted all the rest of the tubing for the rollcage today. Should have all the welding done sometime this week.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Fordplay0621; January 6, 2013, 05:18 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Randy - Here's a thought, learned from the Camaro. I'd take the bar from the halo to the floor (A-pillar bar) (especially on the driver's side) and bend it so it hits the floor way up under the dash. It would make it a TON easier to get into the car. Some day you'll be old like me and folding up to get in the car will not be easy. Once it's all welded up it's a lot harder to change.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; January 7, 2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Was just thinking the same thing that someday I will be Old. Wait! I am old, my new Wife really likes all the Jungle Gym Crapp in the car. Hahahaha. You should hear Her when she has to drive it. I like it when She says " Everyone looks at me when they see the interior". Kind cool....

Comment

Bright red roll cage on a black car with gray interior is kinda like saying "HEY LOOK AT ME, I AM A RACE CAR!!!"

I understand the down bars design is to not cut up the dashboard, but they look like they suck to get in and out of the car. Since you put the stock seats back in for comfort, it sounds like you are driving the car on the street. It's a lot more work for those two bars but they will be worth it in the long run.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ill post pics of the interior when I was Racing it. Looked a whole bit different, it was all out of the Car even the Stereo was on the shelf. I do have Raceseats for it and will be putting them in for Race. G/GSS Class requires 2 seats and panels OEM or Fabricated.

Comment

Its really not that bad getting in and out.. Im 5'7" and there is 6 inches of seat travel aft from where I set the seat at.

Comment

Working...
                              X