New parts for the Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New parts for the Fury

So After all is said and done he car just was not getting along as it should so I did some investigating and tinkering and found that the throttle was not opening all the way, about a year ago I broke the stock cable so I purchased a LOKAR universal and installed it and it seemsed to be OK but I just could not get it adjusted right...fianly I fabricated a bracket that seemed to be doing the job...but it isnt right, it just isnt reliable so I started looking around and found this....This is from Jegs....its specific for my carb AND the cable I am using and the price is not to bad.....its also less expensive than Summit for a change

HAs anyone had any luck with these type of brackets?

Re: New parts for the Fury

I don't think he runs the Jegs unit but a friend of mine runs s simular looking though chrome unit on his '71 Nova and was pretty happy with it.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I got a similar part with kickdown made by CSR Performance, $60.69, Summit.
      I did have to elongate the slot towards the front to get the kickdown right.
      Makes it easier working on the carb, take the bracket off and the cables go with it.
      Also installing taller spacers does not mess with the geometry of the cables on the carb linkage as with a manifold fixed setup.
      YouŽll need longer studs I got ARP-400-2402 which are 2.7" long and accomodate a 1" spacer nicely.

Yeh, I know the throttle cable is damaged.

Comment

had not considered a longer stud....Should be easy to find...thanks.......

Comment

Part is installed but is NOT MOPAR kick down linkage friendly...would have been nice to know prior to purchase...So now I hae to fabricate a bracket to accept this throttle braket AND my kickdown linkage....Should be easy enough...(famous last words)

Comment

Working...
          X