No announcement yet.

55 Wagon Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17's in the front and 18's in the rear..
    Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Well after the weekend off for the Snowmaggedon, back at more parts prep for the next round of primer..

Kyle did some media blasting on the steering box and other parts while I blocked out the inside of the hood and the hood brace..

Then Kyle worked on degreasing and scuffing the trans...

Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• For those that followed the Louver job on the 35 Chevy hood sides, Cody Walls (the builder) and Dave Thomas (the owner) will at the Grand National Roadster Show Jan 29-31. The 35 will be the feature car in The Rodder's Journal booth in building 4, so if you're going be sure to stop by and check out Cody's craftsmanship and attention to detail.. absolutely beautiful car..

TRJ will also have a full feature article in the next issue.

Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Love it love it love it.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Just when you think the look can't be improved... Somebody does THAT,
            Very nice indeed!

Comment

• I started some engine assembly this evening, getting the flex plate bolted on and torqued down, starter installed and checked for clearance, and checked clearances for the header..

Kyle blocked out the doors, it looks like our "adjustment" with the stovepipe crimper pliers did the trick to remove the high spot...

Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• more envy!
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I am curious about the engine choice and those headers. Most for Tri Five headers drop in the center and then go back under the starter, not right next to it.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Scott, these are the Patriot mid-length headers:

Free Shipping - Patriot Tri-5 Headers with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Headers at Summit Racing.

Engine is a 383 stroker that was originally built as street-strip for a Camaro. We bought it from him as the Camaro project never took off..
                    Last edited by MP&C; January 29, 2016, 08:16 AM.
                    Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Is that a high torque starter I know they are smaller and give more header clearence? I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• First let me say Thank You for sharing your talent with the BangShift members & readers. Your text and photos help us understand what it takes to create art, and at the same time encourages us to try some moves on our own - we love the help you impart to others.

Today I was lucky enough to drop in at the Pomona Fairplex this afternoon to view lots of art work and there indeed was the coupe in raw you spoke of - is it just me that thinks your louvers set this example apart from the other coupes-in-the-raw? Very nice work, and I have to share with you, this gave me some special satisfaction as I was "in the know" on the effort it took to get louvers that were different yet fitting for this coupe.
                        Hardy Handshakes, Swede
                        DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

• Greg, yes it's a high torque starter.. Swede, thanks for the kind words, it was nice to have a contribution to such a beautiful car, even if such a small one. I can't wait to see the car in next month's TRJ to see the rest of the details that were all Cody's handywork. Did you get any pictures of it you could share with us?
                          Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• We worked Sunday this past weekend, Kyle got a few more pieces media blasted so we could get some epoxy sprayed.. Then, as I was spraying, Kyle gave the wagon a Scotchbrite scrub with some soapy water to neutralize the soda...

Doors moved out of the way.....for now..

Sometimes the part has no holes for securing for paint....

Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Tonight's update, Headers installed using stainless socket heads....

Trans and driveshaft installed

Exhaust installation...

Steel donut gaskets....

Exhaust that will be heard but not seen....

Header clearance issues to the steering box...

Header clearance tool for tube #3...

Drum sander clearance for tube #2... looks like we have some touch up painting to do..

Much better...

Robert

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• A man after my own heart. And the chassis is looking great.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X