• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds excellent!
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      sounds excellent!
      My wife says it sounds obnoxious, so I got the official stamp of approval! I can't believe how quick it grabs rpm's for a BBC!

Comment

• yeah, my wife whines about how noisy my Corvette is (with the glass packs and side pipes).... it's music to me, plus, I get to use the immortal response to "it's too loud" - "huh?"
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• "huh" eventually has repercussions.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• Does it have, gear drive?
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• For some reason, it won't play... Is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                For some reason, it won't play... Is it just me?
                Wouldn't play for me yesterday day but worked a few minutes ago....
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• NICE WORK! It must have a gear drive - cuz it sounds like a roots blower - but it's a tunnel ram!
                  I'm very humbled by how quickly you've gotten to this point - you'll have to tell me more about your dash - I have something similar but it doesn't fit up as nicely as yours.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Yes, it's got a Pete Jackson gear drive. Not for everyone, but I've run them in all my hotrods for years. The gilmer belt adds a little to the whine also.
                    The dash insert is the original dash that I removed the plastic cluster and traced on sheet aluminum. Then I cut in holes for my new gauges, and cut the entire back out of it to do wiring, and plumbing. They're inexpensive Equus gauges, but I've had very good luck with them in my last three cars.

Comment

• Comment

• Nicely done! Sounds pretty stout too - what cam have you got in it? Must get back to working on my Plymouth soon...

Comment

• Mmmm.. BBC with tunnel ram and gear drive. So sweet.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
                            Nicely done! Sounds pretty stout too - what cam have you got in it? Must get back to working on my Plymouth soon...
                            It's a Comp cam. Not extremely big. 287/304 duration and .510/.495 lift. Didn't want anything for high rpm, and this cam peaks out around 6,000 rpm's.

Comment

• Wow, nice! It's coming along very well I see. More pics would be cool..

Comment

• Neighbor came over and we got the brakes bled. Just couldn't get my vacuum pump to bleed all the air out, so got it with help. Then we took it for a short drive, and all went great right up to getting back to my house! Steered, stopped, handled, shifted, great! I pulled up in front of the house and blipped the throttle, and the outter ring on the harmonic balancer took off! It shot out the bottom, and came to a rest in my front yard! Somehow it managed to miss the radiator, and everything else, excpet for a ding in the water pump pulley that will dress up with a file.
                                I had a gut feeling the balancer had an issue when I checked TDC at cam install, and found it off about 45 degrees. But after talking to a few builders I was assured there were 3-4 balancers for 454 Chevys, and that it probably got the wrong one sometime. In hindsight I think it had already begun to spin on the center, and just finally came off.
                                I have a new one coming in from a performance store tomorrow, and hopefully that will be all it needs to get driving again. It sure was fun for the 15 min. though! It feels faster than any car I've ever owned, for the short drive I took.

Comment

Working...
                                X