'63 Falcon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE!

600's sure are easier to find than 450 or 390 holleys for a tunnel ram....
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      NICE!

600's sure are easier to find than 450 or 390 holleys for a tunnel ram....
      I have 450's on my 327 tunnel ram and they are $500 a pair at Summit. But they have not got secondary accel. pumps, but do have mechanical secondaries. Took some tuning to get them to perform, and that's why I was looking at the 600cfm Holleys before I got the Falcon. I was planning on putting the vacuum secondary 600's on the 327, and the guy who had them had all sorts of tuning pieces that came with them, so I figured they could maybe work even better.
      Once I got the Falcon all my plans changed, so they're going on it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

back on topic.... I emailed you back with the contact info and informed him to be nice to you
        Going to see your dad tomorrow, and take a look at the 454. Probably after the gane.

Comment

there's a game on tomorrow?

*go dallas!....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

there's a game on tomorrow?
            *go dallas!....
            Yep, but I got priorities! I'll be back before kickoff!

Comment

Went and saw your dad Aaron! Bought the 454 and radiator from the quad cab dually. Heading back next Sunday to help him pull the engine and radiator. Another item off the list!

Comment

Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                Went and saw your dad Aaron! Bought the 454 and radiator from the quad cab dually. Heading back next Sunday to help him pull the engine and radiator. Another item off the list!
                hmmmm.. and that is the weekend he's supposed to come up here to the Corvette swap meet.... I always knew he liked you better

Comment

hmmmm.. and that is the weekend he's supposed to come up here to the Corvette swap meet.... I always knew he liked you better
                  Brother by a different mother?

No insult intended....

Comment

Maybe you should call and remind him! I can always wait for another day if he forgot his trip up there.

Comment

Ordered the fenderwell headers last night from the local Speedway rep. I'm going to go with Tri 5 fenderwell headers, with 2" primaries, and 3.5" collectors. Plain black, and I'll probably have them blasted so I can shoot them silver or white later. Amazing price of only $200, with free shipping too!

Comment

That's a nice price - hopefully you can come up with just the right coating to make them look right, but not be a maintenance hassle.

I saw the gold fenderwells on the little red wagon pic listed a few days ago - looked really nice!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Ordered the fenderwell headers last night from the local Speedway rep. I'm going to go with Tri 5 fenderwell headers, with 2" primaries, and 3.5" collectors. Plain black, and I'll probably have them blasted so I can shoot them silver or white later. Amazing price of only $200, with free shipping too!
                          Cheaper than my small block ones on my 57!!!
                          Well, you ARE better looking than I....

Comment

Maybe you should call and remind him! I can always wait for another day if he forgot his trip up there.
                            lol.... naw, just giving you grief - after all, his Corvette runs and drives; I'd hate for him to pull it back apart because of some cool snizzle thing he finds at the swap meet

I heard you enjoyed the visit to his wrecking yard

Comment

lol.... naw, just giving you grief - after all, his Corvette runs and drives; I'd hate for him to pull it back apart because of some cool snizzle thing he finds at the swap meet

I heard you enjoyed the visit to his wrecking yard
                              Your dad has so much cool stuff! I was in awe of all of it, but especially the injected Buick!!!!! Man I'd love to hear that thing run someday! He's got so many that are just inches away from being done!

Comment

I saw a Super T10 on Craigslist 2 weeks ago, and wrote the phone number down. Didn't want to call on it, as I was still not totally certain on the final sale of the Falcon, (even though I'd put money down) just because I hadn't seen a title at that time. Once the title was in hand, and now with engine lined up, I decided to give the guy a call. I was pretty sure it would be long gone, as it was freshly rebuilt, and had 2nd gen Camaro linkage on it too. The price was $500, so it had to be sold.
                                Well I just got back from meeting the seller, and it's mine now! Pulled thhe cover and it looks new inside. It's a late model ST10 with aluminum housing, and the shifter has all new bushings in it also, plus it's the heavy rod version! I better go buy a lottery ticket!

Comment

Working...
                                X