60 Impala wagon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Impala wagon??

Im primarily a mopar guy but...buddy has a 60 Impala wagon that I really like.It has patina.LOL Straight car with surface rust but it runs.Is there a later model chassis and drive train I can throw underneath it?My son wants to do it as a project together.It wont be a show car as its too damn long to fit in the garage.Looking for the cheapest,easiest way to do it if there is such a thing.Budget beater is what we are after.Thanks!

Re: 60 Impala wagon??

That is the new style chassis introduced in 1958, Chad could probably tell you how hard it would be to put a late (77-96) B-body chassis under there.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Thanks,Chad where are you ;D

Comment

I'd be interested to know more about this too - I'm considering it for my '60 El Camino

Comment

Biggest deal... it's an X-frame like my Riviera. That means you are going to have to get creative on the chassis mounts under the doors though it should improve the ability to put a good exhaust system in it. It also might require lowering springs to get it down as the X frame cars, the Buick's atleast, had the center of the X burried up in the body and the actual floor pans where pretty low.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
            Im primarily a mopar guy but...buddy has a 60 Impala wagon that I really like.It has patina.LOL Straight car with surface rust but it runs.Is there a later model chassis and drive train I can throw underneath it?My son wants to do it as a project together.It wont be a show car as its too damn long to fit in the garage.Looking for the cheapest,easiest way to do it if there is such a thing.Budget beater is what we are after.Thanks!
            That sounds like the "Stroller"

Comment

Yep,the posts here about it are what got me thinking about this car.Its always a problem when I think! ;D

Comment

i think chad cut rusty rocker to rocker and put entire late model floor and frame in it?CHAD where are you how did you do it clarify?

Comment

Thats what I was thinking Dave.There I go thinking. ;D Chad where are you?????

Comment

I think he has a late mod caprice frame under rusty

Comment

Rusty has a mid 90's 9c1 police caprice chassis with an AirRide System.
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        Rusty has a mid 90's 9c1 police caprice chassis with an AirRide System.
                        that makes everyone jealous ;D

Comment

Working...
                        X