Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich, sent you an email..

Comment

after doing a bunch of reading it seems the Galaxie guys are pretty happy with the front ends anyway? I found one where the guy welded up a stub and the CV front end, which would probably be cool but seems like hella work for something that may not really be needed.

How much "driver" are you heading towards here? 5.00 / gallon gas makes me wonder if a set of Edelbrock heads on a 360 with a mild cam might not make for an interesting and possibly even somewhat economical ride? They made decent torque in the trucks. Cam it to move the torque peak around to wherever your gears are, and there's no reason you couldn't get some mileage out of it. An RPM Air Gap dual quad would look sick , but I'd love to see what it could do with a mild economy minded build. I probably would splurge for a single 4bbl air-gap though. If it's as good on the FE as it is on everything else, it would be worth it.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        ...most expensive part may be the bell housing adaptor to put the 5 or 6 speed behind the FE - maybe American powertrain has something?
        shouldnt' be all that big of a deal? Get a Tremec with a Toploader pattern, there should be a bunch of those.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Rich, sent you an email..
          Boy.. What a bonehead I am.... Dunno why or what but I added too many letters.. Someone got an email that made no sense..lol

Hopefully this time it went to the right Rich...

Comment

Hey Dig
            Check this one out that was on EBay..........I've been following
            this car.....it's been re listed several times.

Might provide some ideas.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

got the emails Bob, will respond tomorrow

thanks Monk, that's a super clean looking car. I'll definitely take some notes from it

Beagle -Yeah I think an performer rpm intake would be cool on an FE. not traditional looking but not hung up on that too much. I looked at pictures of the streetmaster intake and man those ports look super small. Is it supposed to be a miser intake? It will pretty much be my DD for awhile so I do need to take mileage into consideration. As big and heavy as the car is though, I'm not expecting any miracles in mpg for a basic v8 build much less a when the 445 stroked FE goes in. Just hoping for a bit better than my truck.

I guess I also need to try and find a little rambler, falcon, or dart to put a modern efi 4 cylinder/ 5 speed into for a halfway economical DD. Maybe a 62 ranchero...
              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

ok Bob, I just watched my first episode of Kings of Crash and holy crap you guys take a beating...I also saw two '64 Galaxie's on that episode and they were badly smushed.

It's amazing how the drivers flop around on those bench seats with just lap belts...crazy!!!

edit: ok watching second episode recorded by Tivo and I cannot believe those cars go multiple rounds/ heats.
                Last edited by Dignlif; February 28, 2013, 11:27 PM.
                Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                  ok Bob, I just watched my first episode of Kings of Crash and holy crap you guys take a beating...I also saw two '64 Galaxie's on that episode and they were badly smushed.

It's amazing how the drivers flop around on those bench seats with just lap belts...crazy!!!

edit: ok watching second episode recorded by Tivo and I cannot believe those cars go multiple rounds/ heats.
                  Depends what is allowed, if you can repair or not. Bending cars back, they only bend back faster unless plated
                  A packed in car is desireable.. Picture a sheet of aluminum foil.. As a sheet, it will blow away, as a ball... See the idea?
                  Making one area stronger, makes another area go bad.. For example.. Rear hits make the trunk fold roof high.. Can't see either.. Notch the frame, tuck the trunk so the bumper ends up level with the lid, you have a fist... Ok now "down the line" the humps blow.. Chain the humps to the axle, thus keeping them intact... Now down the line is front spring perches...
                  Yep.. We use cushy buckets from 40/60 seats.. Racing harness without the crotch belt.
                  Steering shaft..COE Freightliner slider..
                  Tranny mount shifter with slap to rev or drive.. A pin is removed to access park..
                  Bench seats tend to bend up.. And make the shifter stay in Rev.

Comment

There's tech to everything including Demo derby.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      There's tech to everything including Demo derby.

Dan
                      Yep.. We ain't the normal gap toothed rednecks.. Altho I once lost my dentures out of my pocket and a pit lady crawled in the car and found them under the seat! ..

Comment

Rich, you gotta make this thing the larger version of this:

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Can't. That's a Muck-Ree. Although it IS way cool.

Dan

Comment

Pleeeasseee be my hero and build like this...pretty please!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Yep.. We ain't the normal gap toothed rednecks.. Altho I once lost my dentures out of my pocket and a pit lady crawled in the car and found them under the seat! ..
                              next time I hear someone proclaiming to me the movie star they know - that story is going to be my topper
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by zombie289 View Post
                                Pleeeasseee be my hero and build like this...pretty please!
                                that's kinda the look I am leaning toward but with 17" steelies so I can get some decent performance tires that aren't super small like a 50 series 15" tire. I was thinking dog dish center caps but the more I look, the more I like the bare centers of the white wheels. I'm not sure about the numbering though, maybe some magnet stuff for special events.

Commencement of this project has stalled due to our moving. We got the new place with 1 1/2 acres and already has a 750 sq ft shop out back plus room for the dream 30x60. Still working on getting the house move in ready but the shop is as ready as it's gonna get with painted walls, 100 amp power feed, 110 outlets all around 3 walls, 2 x 220 receptacles plus a 220 cutoff switch box for the compressor, and three pretty shiny gold ceiling fans that i took down from inside the house.

SBG - agree, that is a story quite capable of topping many a tall yarn or bragging story

Randal - I do like the gasser look but I'm liking more and more the idea of the low slung cruiser for this car. I'd like to build a gasser out of something older though
                                Last edited by Dignlif; March 14, 2013, 09:02 PM.
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X