No announcement yet.

Project High Expectations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread should start being used a lot more here soon. I'm going to start having more time to work on it, plus I bought a few needed tools to work on this project.
    Hobart handler 120 and a Snap-on ethos scan tool

I took the doghouse off of the truck so I can start the process of removing the cab and bed.

Also the DD is no longer an Xtreme. I needed to remove the ground effects to start the process of rust repair.
    Sean
    LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
    Drivin' it home!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
    But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Any progress is good progress keep the hammer down.
      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Thanks Greg. I plan on keeping up when I'm not at work, but who am I kidding aren't we always at work.
        Sean
        LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
        Drivin' it home!

Comment

Good luck with the new welder Sean if you need it eastwood.com has some good video footage on welding you can get some pointers on.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

This week I have been busting my ass on projects... stripped the red cab completely

soon we will be ready to combine 2 cabs to make one
            The black one is on the table in the shop

and yesterday I taught my cousin that it isn't that hard to rebuild the front end on his 06 Malibu...
            Sean
            LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
            Drivin' it home!

Comment

Glad to see your back at it I wish I could say the same,but be safe and have fun with her.

Comment

I hope to get back on my S-10 tomorrow. If I get up early I can get the A/C on and it'll pretty much hold the temp down in the shop. If I wait 'till mid-day it'll NEVER catch up.

I wish you lived closer - I need a flat hood.

Dan

Comment

sorry, but it has been a long week with a shutdown at my workplace starting at 5 AM for a 10 1/2 hour day ... we scored the dual piston caliper knuckles and associated parts to go with the new tubular upper A-arms Sean ordered that correct the camber (a frequent problem with Trailmaster IFS lifts). worked late the other nite to pressure wash the chassis, blasting off years of grease and grime. it is a good thing that we are replacing the rear diff as well, because, we can hear the gear slop in the small diff we got with original truck! We are going to take a break and head out to Rock-N-Rods in Sioux City Iowa this weekend to meet up with some more BangShifters! Thanks for all of the Great comments and more importantly the suggestions that only come with the combined experience of our true friends!
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; July 18, 2013, 09:17 AM.
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well it has been going slow with this truck at the moment but I did get it down to just the frame and driveline.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

I also just got done with motor mounts on my DD the driver side one was junk...
                    Last edited by AMeanXtreme; July 26, 2013, 09:27 AM.
                    Sean
                    LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
                    Drivin' it home!

Comment

just when Sean gets going... my older brother drops off his 2002 Sonoma high rider ZR2 with a laundry list of needed repairs and a major tune up to boot... Cash up front to cover the start of parts and labor though...
                      looks like time for the replacement injector spider upgrade,
                      cracked dizzy cap, plugs wires and a upgraded coil thus far... probably replace intake gaskets while we're at it plus flush and replace coolant and thermostat.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Cash is good more money for projects.

Comment

Wow its been a long time since I've updated this thread! I haven't had much of a chance to work on it lately because we added onto the garage in the location where I was working on the truck.
                          Sean
                          LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
                          Drivin' it home!

Comment

Neat!
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Well now I've gone and done it. I figured out a way to get 'newer'/ rust free parts cheap. I bought a local one owner 88 s10 with 88,000 miles cheaper then buying all of the body panels for the lifted project truck, this was a fresh trade in at the local chevy dealership.

Sean
                              LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
                              Drivin' it home!

Comment

Good lookin' truck! I wish you were closer - I need a flat hood and I'd happily trade for one with a cowl induction lump. Seems like you would have several flat ones.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X