No announcement yet.

Guido, the 1950 DeSoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes on Delta Cams! Those guys are super. I have 2 of their cams that I used in the 250" Chevy sixes when I was running them and both worked great and were cheap. The solid lifter cam held up great though I did use GM EOS consistently. They had new cores for my engine but if they don't have your core they can rework what you have including welding and re-heat treating as needed. If you have some idea of the profiles you want they can pull them up out of the billion or so profiles they have on file. They will also make suggestions though they don't claim to have a development group like - say - Comp.

Google for them - they're in Tacoma, WA.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; September 1, 2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

This is looking like it's going to be AWESOME!!!!

Comment

The next step is to get an engine stand so I can pull it apart. Fully assembled it should weigh about 630 pounds.

They I bought it from said he pulled it out of an old Valiant 25 years ago or so. His kid started to pull it apart to rebuild it for a rat rod, but once he got it partially disassembled thought it looked like it had been recently rebuilt and stopped. So for 25 years it's been sitting without an oil pan and two pistons in boxes. I'll be interested to see how much corrosion I'll need to clean up.

Comment

Ended up shoving this project in back for quite a while. I'm finally moving on it a bit.
          I decided to have someone who knows what they're doing build the engine for me (Motor Heads of Elyria). They specialize in old school hemis.

It's coming together pretty well. The stock iron heads were ported and the valves opened up. The block was was bored with a final displacement of 329 c.i.d.
          I had the compression bumped to 10.5:1 and added an intake and oil pan from Hot Hemi Heads in North Carolina. The builder estimates it should be good for about 400 HP.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	1261861Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	1261862

Comment

i will donate a 1st year 259ci polyspherical hemi,
            with a 2spd powerslime trans....you just gotta ship it.
            from hawaii.........

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
              i will donate a 1st year 259ci polyspherical hemi,
              with a 2spd powerslime trans....you just gotta ship it.
              from hawaii.........
              As soon as I build a proper boat I'll come get it.

Comment

Working...
              X