• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing needs a Knight Rider bar

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      This thing needs a Knight Rider bar

Digging the GASSER look... But once an engine sits there.....

Comment

• Yep, she's coming down!

Put 340# on the front fenders yesterday, not too bad. Those springs have some progression to them.

Did some poking and prodding, more minor cleanup, put the top up-n-down (wow, that thing is fried crispy!) checked out where the cage was used to be mounted. It was just cut off, the stubs are still there.

Got the out-of-state inspection done Saturday while taking it home from work. Got lucky, the inspection guy isn't always working at the dealership in town, but he was on that day and liked the car.

Lots of looks and smiles on way home too. So far it seems to have good Karma!

Played musical sandrails (everyone started without even needing battery charging) and cleaned and made room in the shop. 7-year old helped push it in, and 10-year old was giving it the eye. I think he was getting ideas? He already decided it should be dark green, we'll see.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• how does a farm supply and implement guy put 340# on the front of his Triumph? Inquiring minds want to know

you do know that a fully dressed SBC and transmission is nearly 800 lbs, right?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I didn't realize it was already "set up" for the 350/350 combo - I repeal my prior suggestion and put it in the "someday" file.

I have to believe this thing is going to have cobra big block front end plowing issues with the 350/350 set up - perhaps run it that way for a while - and before your 10 year old starts driving it - put a 2.5 iron duke out of a a cheap junkyard car or boat into it - that should hook up to the th350 right?
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Ever hear of a bag of feed?

50# x 6 + random customers' grandson. It was just for fun, and to get an idea. Plus the crew was ready to go home, so I stopped at 6.
              It shall return to the scales for the real fun when the drivetrain is installed. Then I borrow a forklift and watch the head-scratchin' commence.

#800 yes, not all of that is over the front end, the trans weight is being carried a lot by the rear. Assuming 800# still puts the total at 2360#

Not a bad power-to-weight ratio, eh?
              Last edited by STINEY; March 26, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                I didn't realize it was already "set up" for the 350/350 combo - I repeal my prior suggestion and put it in the "someday" file.

I have to believe this thing is going to have cobra big block front end plowing issues with the 350/350 set up - perhaps run it that way for a while - and before your 10 year old starts driving it - put a 2.5 iron duke out of a a cheap junkyard car or boat into it - that should hook up to the th350 right?
                Yep..Iron Duke bolt pattern is same as 6 cyl, and V-8 chevys

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Assuming 800# still puts the total at 2360#

Surprised how light this is - should scoot nicely with the 350 in it! I'd think putting the bumpers on a serious diet or junking them would be worth a fair bit too.

Any idea what the exhaust system was like on it? Come up with any plans for the rear end yet?

Comment

• The underside is a lot like a Fox body Ford. Triumph used a simple crossover pipe with a single muffler like most domestics of the era, but running duals is certainly an option as well.

Rear end....I am strongly leaning towards acquiring an Explorer rear with discs and limited slip. BUT I have yet to do a decent comparison of the FOX rear under the Cadistang to see how similar/non-similar the upper mounts are.

Comment

Ever hear of a bag of feed?

50# x 6 + random customers' grandson. It was just for fun, and to get an idea. Plus the crew was ready to go home, so I stopped at 6.
                      It shall return to the scales for the real fun when the drivetrain is installed. Then I borrow a forklift and watch the head-scratchin' commence.

#800 yes, not all of that is over the front end, the trans weight is being carried a lot by the rear. Assuming 800# still puts the total at 2360#

unless, of course, you go with a 215 - then you're at about 400 all in - then you'll be less than 2000 with a better balance (I'm a stinker, I know).... add a turbo or two, Megasquirt and you'll be somewhere in the Fiat neighborhood (which is a darn nice neighborhood)

did I mention that you can bore/stroke a 215 to 301 ci using off-the-shelf GM parts?
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 26, 2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• We need a new category/measurement.

Dollars-to-fun ratio or something like that - I've got ya there Mr Stinker. My Eurotrash is fast AND cheaper than your Eurotrash. (of course, at the moment they are both tied in the speed category aren't they?)

Enablers everywhere.....distractions....AAGGGHH!

Comment

The underside is a lot like a Fox body Ford. Triumph used a simple crossover pipe with a single muffler like most domestics of the era, but running duals is certainly an option as well.

Rear end....I am strongly leaning towards acquiring an Explorer rear with discs and limited slip. BUT I have yet to do a decent comparison of the FOX rear under the Cadistang to see how similar/non-similar the upper mounts are.
                          I did not think that Explorer rear ends had the upper mount ears?
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

We need a new category/measurement.

Dollars-to-fun ratio or something like that - I've got ya there Mr Stinker. My Eurotrash is fast AND cheaper than your Eurotrash. (of course, at the moment they are both tied in the speed category aren't they?)

WOOOHOOOO I MADE CHIEF ENABLER.... before I was just a Bosun's mate enabler

actually, yours has gone faster, more recently than mine.... however, watch the CTS spider space in the next 30 days - firing may happen
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 26, 2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              I did not think that Explorer rear ends had the upper mount ears?
                              They don't...but the TR7 upper mounts are actually on the axle tube, not the center casting. Hence my concern that the FOX 8.8 may not be feasible, the angles may be WAY off.

Here is a picture of the upper mounts.

and the lowers while I'm at it.

I officially have female approval.

Okay, so its from one of our 2 little girls. Still counts......technically....

And nobody ever told me these were the trade-offs for living in the land of rust-free cars! Dang-gummit! And they get everywhere.....

Last edited by STINEY; March 26, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

We need a new category/measurement.

Dollars-to-fun ratio or something like that - I've got ya there Mr Stinker.

Definitely - 215s don't make much power without spending money on them and you've already got a 350, and the cars set up for one so git 'er dun!

Comment

Working...
                                X