No announcement yet.

'80 Triumph Tr-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tornado grabs trailer; trailer flies through the air..... thus would clear a high bar all because it's lighter and would fly past your wife

sigh....

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 20, 2013, 01:45 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Okay, I'll give you that one....

Semi's have been pulling in all day. They all have Ag Equipment on them so far. (tapping foot anxiously...)
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Okay, I'll give you that one....

Semi's have been pulling in all day. They all have Ag Equipment on them so far. (tapping foot anxiously...)
        you mean you have to do your job, rather than your TR7? I so get that, live that, make the t-shirt, and I'm even doing a movie with that subject :GRIN:
        I'm excited for you - you need a sports car .... I can't believe how long it had been for me. I sold my 76 Corvette when I went to law school in 2001, I should have kept it (though the rational side of my brain says the s-10 blazer I had was a far better choice)

Comment

What he needs to do is finish the cadicstang and the jetboat, and I need to finish my falcon, so I can start on the 69... see - I'm the kettle and the pot - oh yea - he needs to continue being a good Dad, husband, and employee - or none of the rest of this will matter.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Man John.....I'm glad you don't have the controls to my shock collar today.

Comment

Just trying to make myself feel better since I haven't been in the shop for what seems like forever - and it's looking like I will have to skip the April columbus swap meet this year too.... BOO.

Comment

I know the feeling.....getting spring fever myself.

Have the phone # for those Mennonite fellas to do some (shop) barn work. Having a 20* shop for 5 months of the year is getting old.

Comment

yup- build a "work shop" the rest can be "storage".

30x40x12 - best quote I've gotten is around $13k - not including concrete, that's shingles with metal siding, couple large door openings, one 36" steel entry door, and a few windows.

Comment

I notice you said door openings, not doors......does that mean sliders or just bare openings?

Thats a pretty good price.

I'm actually going to have them price out framing in the big slider openings and installing 3 14x10 insulated overheads. Then I'm going to feel them up about metal siding the whole thing and maybe even putting in a ceiling over the 38x38 actual work area where the lift is.

Comment

• So you're going to have them do work on your existing barn to make it weather tight instead of building a new one?
                      interesting.

Yes - i have two 10x10 insulated doors piled up behind my old shop that I was planning on using - so the $13k did not include the doors, I have to guess the concrete is going to be at least another 3- 5 grand.

I hope to never have slider doors on a heated building ever again ever for any reason ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        I hope to never have slider doors on a heated building ever again ever for any reason ever.
                        Amen Brother! (Though they are a far sight better than no doors, or working under that tree again.)

Yep, trying to keep the tax footprint to a minumim. They really like to up the taxes with new structures, my 150 year old barns don't even hit their radar screens.

I'll document and share when something actually happens.

Comment

• Stiney - Don't forget to call Gene on the doors. Maybe he can have 'em drop shipped to your place and you could bribe him to come for a weekend installation party. No one in the world knows more about them suckers than he does (and a nice guy, too).

Dan

Comment

• He sure is Dan! I spoke with him a couple of years ago, and he was MORE than helpful. He recommended a few guys in my area and also recommended brands/products. Little far for him to justify though.

I've gotten some pretty good quotes already, but those guys were honest and said they really didn't have the time to frame down the openings, they were really busy and could barely keep up with just installing doors. $4000 for 3 14x10 insulated installed sounded pretty darned good to me though! They are also the ones that installed the MAMMOTH door at the dealership.

UPDATE: Trucker just called, said they would be in tonight at 11:30, or they could be here tomorrow at noon. I said tomorrow at noon would be far better. Darn!
                            Last edited by STINEY; March 21, 2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• at least he called now - not at 1130 tonight ... that phone call explanation would have been interesting....

Good doors aint cheap. The tennants paid $1500 to have an insulated, no window 2" thick two car garage door installed, that was a good price - but only a 8ft tall door. I don't want to know what the 16x9 insulated doors on the new shop cost - but I'm sure happy they're there!

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                                So you're going to have them do work on your existing barn to make it weather tight instead of building a new one?
                                interesting.

Yes - i have two 10x10 insulated doors piled up behind my old shop that I was planning on using - so the $13k did not include the doors, I have to guess the concrete is going to be at least another 3- 5 grand.

at least with sliders you don't have to fix dents in the middle of your hood where the door slammed onto your new hood

and I think John's onto something.... build a small, stiney shop where you can work, leave the cold storage alone.... bet you'd save money building a second building (something in the 24x24 range)

Comment

Working...
                                X