'80 Triumph Tr-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    at least he called now - not at 1130 tonight ... that phone call explanation would have been interesting....
    Yes indeed! Not to mention he would have likely aroused the Sheriffs' deputies interest with his arrival, and my boss, and his brother, and their mom.......etc, etc.....
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• 30x40x12 has my vote - well insulated with one big door in and out - hoist placement is critical - centered is sometimes a good choice but not always.

I know what you mean about taxes - but taxes vs. heating costs - and construction costs - you might be way ahead starting with another building - close to an existing one - preferably on the down wind side to act as a wind break, maybe even attached on one wall so it could be called an "addition" which may put you in a more forgiving tax / permit scheme.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I like 24x24 with 12' eaves because the less the space the easier to heat. Granted, you'd not have two cars in it at the same time; however, given all of our penchant for chasing shiney babbles; perhaps just having one occupying the space would encourage movement of the occupant. Mine is 30x36 - which is a bit large in the sense that a car can take up real estate without actually encouraging movement on the project....

something else. I've found I can keep my space warm with just a small stove and firewood if I keep the doors closed, even on 20* days.... and I have no insulation; but I have a sealed space
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Easier to warm wet air than dry air....

Comment

• if 24x24 - consider making the concrete footer 4ft above ground, then use a standard "garage kit" I don't know the concrete cost differences compared to a 12ft stick built wall - but that gives you a 12ft wall with a built in "indestructible" bottom 4ft.

Wood heat is great if you're going to be out there for a while - in my experience if you have 2-3 hours in the evening to work on something - about the time the wood stove has things warmed up - you're done for the night.

Comment

• Well.. Past noon now.. Stiney dead or what?
              The missus must have caught him with the new mistress ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Well.. Past noon now.. Stiney dead or what?
                The missus must have caught him with the new mistress ...
                Hmmm... 14 hrs since the TR was supposed to be dropped off..
                Stiney is definitely buried somewhere after being run thru the chipper....
                Wonder who told the missus....SBG??

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  He sure is Dan! I spoke with him a couple of years ago, and he was MORE than helpful. He recommended a few guys in my area and also recommended brands/products. Little far for him to justify though.

I've gotten some pretty good quotes already, but those guys were honest and said they really didn't have the time to frame down the openings, they were really busy and could barely keep up with just installing doors. $4000 for 3 14x10 insulated installed sounded pretty darned good to me though! They are also the ones that installed the MAMMOTH door at the dealership.

UPDATE: Trucker just called, said they would be in tonight at 11:30, or they could be here tomorrow at noon. I said tomorrow at noon would be far better. Darn!

^^^ Posted on the 21st.......from then tomorrow is the 22nd, as in today. Stiney can't be apprehended that easily!

But the missus has the camera, so no pictures till monday.

Did I getcha? Just fooling, she can't find the camera for some reason!
                  Last edited by STINEY; March 22, 2013, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Mrs. Stiney is hiding the camera so there's no photographic evidence of what happened to Stiney....

Comment

• Letting him take pictures will only encourage him
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Letting their children photograph the results from her realizing that Stiney now has another car (if any of you think that van is going anywhere, I've got this great building property for sale in Florida) is very wise.

Comment

• Well, of course the van can't leave yet.....the car was early and it still needs gutted.

May I present project "Tennis Ball"

We had to roll it onto the scales to see exactly what we are starting with. Then to the wash bay to remove the road salt and Arizona silt/dirt/dust stuff. Now I am Arizona dirt colored for the balance of the day. Lots of chalky yellow/white came off and its a lot more blue now.
                          Last edited by STINEY; March 22, 2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Feather weight! Now ignore all your other obligations to family, friends and other projects until this one is running and driving.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I know you HAVE the 350/350 but - is that your firm direction? Wouldn't it be cooler or at least lighter to run a turbo 4 banger with a 5 speed - ecotec perhaps?

Comment

• Definitely way cooler....AND way lighter.....

And way more $$....plus the car is already setup for the 350/T350....must avoid project death - err - I mean creep....

Comment

Working...
                                X