Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80 Triumph Tr-7

The balls are rolling.

Something should be arriving relatively soon.

A lot of definite planning will have to wait until we see what we're working with, but some ideas are popping up.

Check out the bumper-filler treatment the one in this video has. I kind of like how the lines of the car work without those 5mph factory bumpers.

By the way, Mr HemiJoel Sr is a great guy to talk with, we had a very enjoyable conversation the other day. He's definitely one of "us".
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Yeah, this

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Aw man! You raised me a tennis ball!

I fold!

(Actually, I don't fold. I have 2 of a kind. British cars with folding tops? Does that beat an Ace?)

Comment

There's an 80 TR7 in the yard... minus the convertible roof & windshield

Comment

So about that metallflake jetboat....
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            So about that metallflake jetboat....
            Oh, allright.

You can have it back. Sheesh, I figured you'd be over it by now, but it can be hard to let go.

Comment

nope - I haven't had my ski boat out in two years - and it may be another year before i get it out - especially if gas is going up again.
              It doesn't cost much to keep it stored and insured.

I'm hoping you'll be on the sand more this summer - so - there's more reason to get the boat done - since the lake's right there.....

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                Aw man! You raised me a tennis ball!

I fold!

(Actually, I don't fold. I have 2 of a kind. British cars with folding tops? Does that beat an Ace?)
                I know what the problem is - you're missing this
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

for the love of all that is good and mighty - step one - replace all original wiring with one of these:

Rebel Wire - Wire kits, wiring harneses, ground wire kits, and more for Real Rods.

Comment

Lucas! BE-GONE!!

If there is any remaining harness, I promise it shall be short-lived.

Think race-car type minimilist wiring with the bare minimum for legality. And that will be subject to interpretation.

I'm scheming a plan to replace the pop-up headlights with a locking push-pull cable setup. Twist handle, pull to pop-up, twist again to lock in up position. Sourced from our tractor parts department of course. Or maybe ditch the pop-ups altogether and do some modern projector beams with lexan covers in a fixed arrangement.

I may be in need of a cable shifter for the TH350....not sure what the car had, but I'm fairly certain its missing now.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      I know what the problem is - you're missing this
                      And he pulls out the Joker card.... Re-deal....

Comment

LUCAS, LORD OF DARKNESS! (James Earl Jones voice).

I have a B&M shifter that I don't think will work with the B-W trans. If the detents are wrong for me like I suspect, you can have it for shipping. I'll get back to you when Jeff finishes the trans.

Dan

Comment

That would be AWESOME Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Lucas! BE-GONE!!

If there is any remaining harness, I promise it shall be short-lived.

Think race-car type minimilist wiring with the bare minimum for legality. And that will be subject to interpretation.

I'm scheming a plan to replace the pop-up headlights with a locking push-pull cable setup. Twist handle, pull to pop-up, twist again to lock in up position. Sourced from our tractor parts department of course. Or maybe ditch the pop-ups altogether and do some modern projector beams with lexan covers in a fixed arrangement.

I may be in need of a cable shifter for the TH350....not sure what the car had, but I'm fairly certain its missing now.
                            the Fiero boys have some pretty cool headlight assembliy kits with lexan like you were talking about,,, might come close to what you need...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thanks for the Fiero headlight idea, good info.

Looks like I may also be in the market for an Explorer 8.8 rear.

With the long side shortened to the short side length, 56.5" is possible on the disc rears. Stock TR7 rear is purported to be 55", so this would be a good upgrade if the current rear is questionable.

Comment

Working...
                              X