'80 Triumph Tr-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remains of Airbags in rear springs.

Front suspension. Interesting how the swaybar doubles as a suspension locating piece.

B-pillar remains of 6-point cage with seatbelt mounts.

Anti-submarine belt mount.

A-pillar cage mount remains. Looks like EWS tubing?

Cool fabricated (welded) master cylinder reservoir.

Got rid of some extra weight already.

All nestled in.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• This gonna one bad project.......will be interesting to watch the progress.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Looks like the tops are way diffrent. Weather they will work or not that's a diffrent story I know nothing about. If the spread on the lowers is close they may work, don't know maybe a fox rear you can redo one set instead of both on the explorer. The plan is to more or less keep the rear suspensionstock?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Very cool. Looks like that will be a ton of fun!
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I don't understand, why isn't this thing done yet...
            I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
              The plan is to more or less keep the rear suspensionstock?
              More or less. Unless a simpler idea presents itself?

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
              I don't understand, why isn't this thing done yet...
              I'm going to blame those sinister spiney barbed evil things. I keep "finding" them as I reach into dark recessed areas....

Comment

• Looks good all cleaned up!

Those spiney evil things are peices of cholla cactus. (pronounced choya) Also know as jumping cactus. Because if you even get close, they jump out at you and latch onto you. The best way to get them off you is with a comb. Dad is constantly battling the pack rats, who like to collect cholla peices and pack them into every nook and cranny of his cars.
                Last edited by Hemi Joel; March 27, 2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                  I don't understand, why isn't this thing done yet...
                  he's got to set the motor in it, then it's done... right now, the van still runs
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• while cleaning out the rafters of the old garage - I found a few boxes of parts remaining from the guy who built the house in the 60's - one of those boxes appears to contain TR7 parts - including some gauges, a power brake booster, some plastic bladed fans, and other knick knacks - let me know which of those bits I should send you if any would be useful.

I think the 8.8 mustang rear has the UCA mounts cast into the iron center section - not real easy to modify - if I'm understanding the perspective of your close up photos - I think you're looking at welding new mounts to the tubes, not the center section - so - you can start with whatever 8.8 you wish.

The explorer is set up for leaf springs as I recall - and has drum in hat e-brake rear discs, and usually a 3.73 LSD.

350/350 in a 2000lb car with a 3.73 sounds like allot for a street car - you'd be better off putting a lower numerical gear ratio into it so you can cruise on the freeway at lower RPM - and your limited wheel well space can be occupied by tires that last longer than 100 miles....
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      ... right now, the van still runs
                      That's some logic even I understand.

I'm with John on the 8.8. Wack the mounts off the TR axle, carefully, and weld them to the 8.8. Seems like a simple easy solution.
                      Last edited by Bob Holmes; March 27, 2013, 07:22 AM.
                      I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                        That's some logic even I understand.

I'm with John on the 8.8. Wack the mounts off the TR axle, carefully, and weld them to the 8.8. Seems like a simple easy solution.
                        Yup.. Reeeal easy.. In fact we do that often.. Leaf-coil and back as we have one good 10 bolt.. Several 9 inchers.. Housings and centers..
                        Just make sure your bolt holes for the mounts are kosher.. No fun trying to add bolts to misaligned holes ..

Comment

• I've been having evil thoughts today of building a rotisserie and further gutting the car.

Must....keep....focused....

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            I've been having evil thoughts today of building a rotisserie and further gutting the car.

Must....keep....focused....
                            I'm winning
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I picked up a nice used rotisserie - built WAY WAY heavier than any "auto twirler" for $500 - it's already had 60's mustangs on it so I know the '69 will fit.

it even has 10" pneumatic tires on it.... keep looking on CL - but more importantly - are you going to spend part of your Easter weekend gutting the van preparing it for scrap?
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                I'm winning
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X