No announcement yet.

'80 Triumph Tr-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 11, 2013, 04:41 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Found a good deal on a full set of Welds for a 4 lug FOX, good tires and the rears are drag radials.

With that in mind I set out to see how they would fit.

The TR7 uses a freak (even in British cars) 95.25mm PCD bolt circle. That's 3.75"

A 4 lug FOX is 108mm or 4.5"

Here is a visual. Not even sure if there is room to redrill for a different pattern as the TR7 uses a hub/hat arrangement.

Maybe I should just look for rims that would fit an Explorer 5 lug bolt pattern. Do the 8.8 disc explorer rear swap and run wheel adapters on the front.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• adapters are cheap
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Yea - adaptors front and new axle rear sounds like it will solve a bunch of problems - for that matter - it wouldn't be the end of the world to run oem wheels up front and something else in the rear for a while either.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            adapters are cheapISH
            Adapters are common in the VW world.....but since when did the price rise from $35 to $200+? Yikes!

Comment

• Like I was saying about different wheels front and rear....

I have a pair of weld look alike 4 lug fox wheels - the other two sold - one already has a damaged hub face - if you want to try to re-drill them - stop on by on one of your silver lake runs

Comment

• Okay......questions.

ALuminum fake welds or steel fake welds?

Fronts or rears? Better question may be what size?

They actually only have 4 lug holes? All the Welds I've seen have 2 sets of 4 lug holes for a total of eight.....kind of eats up the available real estate for redrilling. Guess that's why I didn't think of that?

Comment

• I will see if I can get a picture - they are weld look a likes - made by prime wheel in the usa, I think they are cast aluminum - may not be the easiest to work with.
                  I think they are 15x7 but may be narrower than that.

Comment

• UPS dropped a goodie at work today.......love getting goodies.

All it needed was a return spring on the lockout handle, quickly sourced one from our inventory. Was a little too long, wouldn't go into the last gate, but the next shortest one was weaker than I liked, so I just trimmed a coil from the stiffer one.

Works great.

Thanks Dan!

Last edited by STINEY; May 20, 2013, 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot pictures

Comment

• I'm lost..
                      Are you building the Arizona car or did you back burner it and get another?

Comment

• Sorry Bob......if you check the date on that black junkyard car post (April 1st) it might make more sense.

I thought it would make a good gag for 4/1 - - the idea of tossing a desert car in favor of a chopped up rust-belt car.

Been doing musical lawn-mowers again lately.....lost a hydro on the main mower, transplanted its engine into another this past weekend, been mowing 3 times a week with trade-ins borrowed from work. Grass has been growing like crazy past few weeks, had another death in the family, normal sports and school running as usual leaves no big chunks of time to really do anything of photographic value.

Still chipping away on the TR7 and the Cadistang (and even the Jetboat!)

Got new gutters on the barns last week, getting geothermal in next few weeks (have been prepping for that) and a front porch on the house (prep required for that as well)

Ever boil 4 pans of spaghetti at once? That's my normal day!
                        Last edited by STINEY; May 21, 2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post

It's not like it's hard
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Not hard, just keeps you hopping when they all want to boil over.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Sorry Bob......if you check the date on that black junkyard car post (April 1st) it might make more sense.

I thought it would make a good gag for 4/1 - - the idea of tossing a desert car in favor of a chopped up rust-belt car.

Been doing musical lawn-mowers again lately.....lost a hydro on the main mower, transplanted its engine into another this past weekend, been mowing 3 times a week with trade-ins borrowed from work. Grass has been growing like crazy past few weeks, had another death in the family, normal sports and school running as usual leaves no big chunks of time to really do anything of photographic value.

Still chipping away on the TR7 and the Cadistang (and even the Jetboat!)

Got new gutters on the barns last week, getting geothermal in next few weeks (have been prepping for that) and a front porch on the house (prep required for that as well)

Ah! I knew you lost all your marbles when you wanted to use a junk yard car instead of a car set up already for what you wanted to do...
                              I didn't know 'ghetti boils over... Like Aaron says t'aint hard.. And I got ADD!
                              Mowing... Yep.. 2-3X a week! Walk behind with a bagger.. Riders kill my back!

Comment

• I call it "spinning plates." If you remember the Ed Sullivan show.
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X