'80 Triumph Tr-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Not hard, just keeps you hopping when they all want to boil over.
    You must not have seen the movie "Legally Blond"

Elle, the lead character, was dumped by her boyfriend because he wanted a Harvard woman; not some dumb blond. She decided to go to Harvard to get him back. When he saw her in the hall, and finds out that she's also attending Harvard law, she retorts "It's not like it's hard." Honestly, it's about the best sarcastic line ever in a movie.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• You know, I do remember seeing that movie.

Thought it was darn funny too, laughed out loud at much of it.

Then I saw THE LOOK from my darling blonde wife.

I do believe I had subconsciously blocked that whole evening, at least until you helped me remember.

Thank you Dr BuickGuy.

And I also learn today that I am appartently fairly deficient in operating the stove as well.

Last edited by STINEY; May 21, 2013, 11:00 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I am not a proponent of adapters, but I also am at a loss for decent 15" wheels with a 4 x 3-3/4" bolt pattern....

hence: http://adaptitusa.com/4x98to4x1143wheeladapter.aspx

These are made from billet 6061-T6 right here in the USA. They might be worth checking into.
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• That is an excellent product right there, used them to adapt IROC Z28 16-in rims to the El Camino several years back. Well priced too (had to be, I was saving for the stroker motor that banished 15-sec time slips).
          Attached Files
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

UPS dropped a goodie at work today.......love getting goodies.

All it needed was a return spring on the lockout handle, quickly sourced one from our inventory. Was a little too long, wouldn't go into the last gate, but the next shortest one was weaker than I liked, so I just trimmed a coil from the stiffer one.

Works great.

Thanks Dan!

Z-Gate. My Impala had one of those when I bought it. The previous owner butchered the already butchered center console to get it in there.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Yep, Z-gate is the conclusion I came to as well.

Adding the spring makes it act less like a ratcheting shifter - but it already didn't really act like a ratcheting shifter. It just feels more "right" to me with some tension on the release handle......and its easily removed if needed.

I don't like the B&M covers that go with the Z-Gate. Thinking a coat of paint and running naked, or fabbing a utilitarian cover of sorts. Still deciding on that.

Any ideas?

Comment

• get an old leather coat from the thrift store, cut a sleeve off, and make it into a boot.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• beags - that's a hell of an idea - two sleeves on a leather coat - one for shifter - one for e-brake if so equipped.

Stiney - sorry to hear of the loss in the family, we've just gone through the same thing. We are indeed boiling several pots, burning both ends of the candle, or spinning several plates - whatever the illustration - we have several irons in the fire!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    beags - that's a hell of an idea - two sleeves on a leather coat - one for shifter - one for e-brake if so equipped.

Stiney - sorry to hear of the loss in the family, we've just gone through the same thing. We are indeed boiling several pots, burning both ends of the candle, or spinning several plates - whatever the illustration - we have several irons in the fire!
                    whatever happened to the term "we've been busy?"
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      whatever happened to the term "we've been busy?"
                      from a Barrister? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH omg ... OMG hahahahhahahahahahhahahhhhahahaha... cough.. cough.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yep, Z-gate is the conclusion I came to as well.

Adding the spring makes it act less like a ratcheting shifter - but it already didn't really act like a ratcheting shifter. It just feels more "right" to me with some tension on the release handle......and its easily removed if needed.

I don't like the B&M covers that go with the Z-Gate. Thinking a coat of paint and running naked, or fabbing a utilitarian cover of sorts. Still deciding on that.

Any ideas?
                        Mine was butchered into my console so I didnt have the ugly cover. I made a boot out of leather which also hid the ugly hole left by from.the console surgery. I also ditched the T handle, first had a Transdapt piston shifter knob (You have to cut off one of the piston skirts to be able to use the lever); then I got a chrome ball from Moons. It looked 1000% better.

I made a boot out a black vinyl with a fake fleece backing for my current four speed shifter. That fleece backing works great to keep engine heat out of the car. I have pictures of it somewhere in the Impala's thread.

PS. The Z Gate is a gated shifter, not ratcheting..
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the ideas. Been a heck of a year so far, for sure.

Feels like progress. Played in the barn this weekend. Need to make room....anyone "need" an old metal lathe? Or a tire machine?

Last edited by STINEY; May 28, 2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• What kind of old metal lathe? My Dad's been wanting one..

Comment

• Let me get back to you on that one.

Comment

• Me!Me! Me!
                                But dammit, you so far away!

Comment

Working...
                                X