'80 Triumph Tr-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Ouch.......hey motor noises are still noise, and the stink.....well, you have dogs too. Gotta watch what they eat or the toots get nasty.

"How's the car running?"

"Ruff."

I had to.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

• Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Found a reasonably priced new short side axle shaft for the 8.8, with new bearing and seal. Arrived yesterday. Time to get chopping!
        Last edited by STINEY; July 10, 2013, 10:39 AM.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Found a reasonably priced new short side axle shaft for the 8.8, with new bearing and seal. Arrived yesterday. Time to get chopping!
          Derby guy did that to his 9 inch.. Made both "short sides" Found his housing bent.. So he assembled everything, cycled it to center it then tacked it.. Won his first main event on the 4th.. Guess he did something right..

I'd say to put the axle in and cycle it just to be safe?

Comment

• Egads........has it really been nearly 3 months since I've done anything of consequence on the TR7 ? (By the way guys, when exactly DOES life slow up just a tad?)

Comment

• it's okay, by now its friends with the Austin, the boat, and the cadistang - finishing it now and putting it on the road would tear it from its friends.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I did catch it peeping at the Cadistangs bottomsides. Or is the Cadistang doing some weird on-top act to the TR7? Barn Shenanigans..........

Comment

I did catch it peeping at the Cadistangs bottomsides. Or is the Cadistang doing some weird on-top act to the TR7? Barn Shenanigans..........
                  looks like soon you'll be having another car
                  Do they know you're peeping on them?

Comment

• CadTRistang? Sounds like a breed of dinosaur? I was a discreet paparazzi and quietly backed out the door after snapping my trophy picture.

Comment

• Okay, on another note..............does anyone have any first hand experience with these cars? As in, are the factory brakes really as dangerous as the rumors make them out to be? I know I will need an upgrade (especially to go with the rear explorer discs) but not sure how far I'll need to go. Have been deciphering the WILWOOD kit offered by TheWedgeShop, it appears they use #120-6805 for the caliper and #160-12959 for the rotor. This uses an aluminum spacer to move the mounting lugs out and apart, increases the radius-arm of the caliper. Surprised me to learn that they didn't make their kit to incorporate a radially mounted caliper? Weird..

From another site, a guy weighed this setup as compared to the factory setup. Holy Wow - Huge increase in unsprung weight. Huge. Went from #15 per side to #29.6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/247299...ph-tr7/page-6/
                      Last edited by STINEY; October 11, 2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• My friend's brother had one, it didn't have enough power to get up to panic braking speeds, and when it did get up to speed it didn't stay running long enough for brakes to be a problem, it dropped valves like Timothy Leary dropped LSD. Couldn't be any worse than stock '79 fox body brakes could it?

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post
                          My friend's brother had one, it didn't have enough power to get up to panic braking speeds, and when it did get up to speed it didn't stay running long enough for brakes to be a problem, it dropped valves like Timothy Leary dropped LSD. Couldn't be any worse than stock '79 fox body brakes could it?
                          now that's one glowing report for those brakes

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post
                            My friend's brother had one, it didn't have enough power to get up to panic braking speeds, and when it did get up to speed it didn't stay running long enough for brakes to be a problem, it dropped valves like Timothy Leary dropped LSD. Couldn't be any worse than stock '79 fox body brakes could it?

Actually they (like much of the rest of the basic design) bear a strong resemblance to the FOX stuff. So who copied whom, eh?

Comment

• Check out this thread on the Brit car website. http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?7,16167
                              It covers V8 brake, spindle & bearing upgrades using off the shelf parts & some home made brackets.

Comment

• Excellent find, Tardis! Lots of great info there.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X