• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Ward
    replied
    they call me.......

THE ENABLER!!!

Selling a 79 triumph. Has chevy V6 motor. Needs work. Project car. Has been sitting for a while. Make offers. Call 651-775-8 four 3 nine Look at all my ads by searching furnitures our thing on...

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    I'm way past mothballs. Tomcat mouse poison works much, much better.

(you guys are probably the only bunch who would understand just how badly I want some constructive shop time. Good news is the HUD house is only a handful of days away from being "done", and major progress has been made on THE LIST for our own house. HUD house only took me 14 months to turn around, that's gotta count for something?)

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Oooh. When the said booted partner reappears.... Tops will blow?

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    pretty much. I get the feeling someone's "domestic partner" got the boot and their hoarded pile was being gone through. No concern of mine, though there is a rather decent complete '79 Tr7 that she is taking offers on......and I got the feeling she would have accepted any offer I made.

Must resist....kryptonite....aagh!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Will the top get mothballed too? Thought your small block was going in this.. But you are looking for a vette tomothball too? I'm totally lost!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Groovy!! Right time/right place?

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; October 24, 2014, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Earth-stopping news flash on the Triumph TR7 front........... wednesday I picked up a new-in-the box convertible top for 1/2 of new and only went 15 miles out of my normal path home.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I can tell you 1979 fox brakes suck over 125! Thank goodness for long shut down.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Excellent find, Tardis! Lots of great info there.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied
    Check out this thread on the Brit car website. http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?7,16167
    It covers V8 brake, spindle & bearing upgrades using off the shelf parts & some home made brackets.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by hauen View Post
    My friend's brother had one, it didn't have enough power to get up to panic braking speeds, and when it did get up to speed it didn't stay running long enough for brakes to be a problem, it dropped valves like Timothy Leary dropped LSD. Couldn't be any worse than stock '79 fox body brakes could it?

Actually they (like much of the rest of the basic design) bear a strong resemblance to the FOX stuff. So who copied whom, eh?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by hauen View Post
    My friend's brother had one, it didn't have enough power to get up to panic braking speeds, and when it did get up to speed it didn't stay running long enough for brakes to be a problem, it dropped valves like Timothy Leary dropped LSD. Couldn't be any worse than stock '79 fox body brakes could it?
    now that's one glowing report for those brakes

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Okay, on another note..............does anyone have any first hand experience with these cars? As in, are the factory brakes really as dangerous as the rumors make them out to be? I know I will need an upgrade (especially to go with the rear explorer discs) but not sure how far I'll need to go. Have been deciphering the WILWOOD kit offered by TheWedgeShop, it appears they use #120-6805 for the caliper and #160-12959 for the rotor. This uses an aluminum spacer to move the mounting lugs out and apart, increases the radius-arm of the caliper. Surprised me to learn that they didn't make their kit to incorporate a radially mounted caliper? Weird..

From another site, a guy weighed this setup as compared to the factory setup. Holy Wow - Huge increase in unsprung weight. Huge. Went from #15 per side to #29.6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/247299...ph-tr7/page-6/
    Last edited by STINEY; October 11, 2013, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    CadTRistang? Sounds like a breed of dinosaur? I was a discreet paparazzi and quietly backed out the door after snapping my trophy picture.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X