Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    You're going to make us wait a month? dang you stiney

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    That sorta remains to be seen.

I did the math everywhich way imaginable.........and the cheapest by a fairly wide margin is commercial car carrier.

Thing is, you have to go through brokers to list it on the carrier board - which is what the drivers/companies look at to "build" their loads, or prevent an empty backhaul.

And that is what will (hopefully) make it cheaper for me. Everything is going INTO Arizona, particularly Phoenix, so outbound trucks are hungry for something to haul to pay the fuel.

But the brokers are a nasty bunch. Better have your shark cage handy before going in the water with that bunch. Lots of empty promises just to get a listing fee up front.

They nearly all badmouth each other, pointing to BBB complaints and such. I went with one that was more inclined to discuss cars (I think I found a gearhead!) than to put down his competition. Plus they had good CUSTOMER reviews, the few complaints were of cars being dirty upon arrival. (well DUH! It just went across country, you didn't hire a detail service)

The complaints against the companies doing the badmouthing were more along the lines of "I paid and never saw my car", or " my car went through a derby somewhere along the trip", or just never hearing back from them after paying a listing fee.

So I went with the smallest, most gentle of the sharks? Hopefully?

Time will tell. Mr HemiJoel SR and I thought it best to post a pickup date of April 14th for a variety of reasons. After all, I have other tennis balls to keep me occupied till then.

Leave a comment:

• AFFORDILLAC
    replied
    Yeah...when u gettin this?

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    So.........inquiring minds want to know.......(or did I miss it someplace) how
    did you end up getting it shipped?

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Tennis balls? You mean SNOWBALLS!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    This will be epic...provided that we hide the rest of the tennis balls...squirrel...

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Awesome! What is your stash comprised of? Mustang 8.8s? TurboCoupe's? Crown Vics?

Its looking like the one in your Falcon will do very nicely.....

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I literally have a pile of 8.8 with rear discs - swing by on one of your silverlake trips - once I get a set on the falcon I'll know what you need - if you are going to shorten - you can have one of the CV rears - but you'll have to shorten both sides....

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Thanks for the Fiero headlight idea, good info.

Looks like I may also be in the market for an Explorer 8.8 rear.

With the long side shortened to the short side length, 56.5" is possible on the disc rears. Stock TR7 rear is purported to be 55", so this would be a good upgrade if the current rear is questionable.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Lucas! BE-GONE!!

If there is any remaining harness, I promise it shall be short-lived.

Think race-car type minimilist wiring with the bare minimum for legality. And that will be subject to interpretation.

I'm scheming a plan to replace the pop-up headlights with a locking push-pull cable setup. Twist handle, pull to pop-up, twist again to lock in up position. Sourced from our tractor parts department of course. Or maybe ditch the pop-ups altogether and do some modern projector beams with lexan covers in a fixed arrangement.

I may be in need of a cable shifter for the TH350....not sure what the car had, but I'm fairly certain its missing now.
    the Fiero boys have some pretty cool headlight assembliy kits with lexan like you were talking about,,, might come close to what you need...

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    That would be AWESOME Dan!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    LUCAS, LORD OF DARKNESS! (James Earl Jones voice).

I have a B&M shifter that I don't think will work with the B-W trans. If the detents are wrong for me like I suspect, you can have it for shipping. I'll get back to you when Jeff finishes the trans.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I know what the problem is - you're missing this
    And he pulls out the Joker card.... Re-deal....

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Lucas! BE-GONE!!

If there is any remaining harness, I promise it shall be short-lived.

Think race-car type minimilist wiring with the bare minimum for legality. And that will be subject to interpretation.

I'm scheming a plan to replace the pop-up headlights with a locking push-pull cable setup. Twist handle, pull to pop-up, twist again to lock in up position. Sourced from our tractor parts department of course. Or maybe ditch the pop-ups altogether and do some modern projector beams with lexan covers in a fixed arrangement.

I may be in need of a cable shifter for the TH350....not sure what the car had, but I'm fairly certain its missing now.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    for the love of all that is good and mighty - step one - replace all original wiring with one of these:

Rebel Wire - Wire kits, wiring harneses, ground wire kits, and more for Real Rods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X