Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    My plan was to take the 2 wires from the 6 cyl harness and replace them entirely. As luck would have it, the 6 cyl wires are shorter than the 8 cyl so a splice was in order. I'm generally not a fan of splices but finding this one in the factory harness made me feel a little better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory Splice.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	869805
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I have spent a lot of time in the garage since my last meaningful update. I am moving forward but the details seem to be kicking me around quite a bit. Last weekend I got out the old 8 cylinder wiring harness and looked it over. I was in decent shape except for the starter wires. I decided to cannibalize the 6 cylinder harness. Here it is all unwrapped.

Name:	Wiring.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	869804
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Thanks SBG.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'd love to say "no it doesn't" but my only background for that statement is that I've never paid any attention to which line went were.

But with that caution above, I say no it doesn't

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I'm getting ready to install my transmission cooler lines. I have a 700R4 and a side tank cooler (stock cooler in the radiator). Does anyone know if it matters which line goes to which fitting? I don't think it could matter much but I am planning on connecting the top fitting on the trans to the top fitting on the radiator.

Please let me know if you agree or if you think it should go the other way. Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Thanks Jim - I think I remember seeing your car in 04 or 05.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Enjoyed following along here. See you on the road!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Slow and steady eh? As long as I don't have any major surprises I should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Looks like progress is still happening in your garage keep it up and you will have no problem getting her ready.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NightShifter View Post
    That's a pretty nice sized G-rage you have there Captain. Looks like you're going to make your deadline on the Nova too.
    I like it an awful lot. It's nice to be able to take something apart and leave it until I can get back to it. I am really hoping to have the Nova running within the next week so I can get some miles on it before I drive it to Texas. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Leave a comment:

• NightShifter
    Guest replied
    That's a pretty nice sized G-rage you have there Captain. Looks like you're going to make your deadline on the Nova too.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Here are a couple of shots of the new and improved wide open look:

Name:	Wall 4.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	869589

Name:	nova.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	869590
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    The sections are about 10 feet tall and 4 feet wide. I build the sections about 8 years ago and they fit together with 3 dowels as pictured below. The top and sides are held in with 1x2 lumber and 3 inch screws. It is not very high tech but it is effective.

Name:	Wall 3.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	869588
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    The car does not look a whole lot different after today's efforts. The exhaust is 85% in, the rear end is bolted in as is the drive shaft and the new air shocks (still need to run the lines). Spring finally arrived and I needed to take care of a few thing around the house and garage. One of the garage things is the "pink" wall. I have a 30' x 50' shop and I only have half of it insulated for heat. I also like to have it wide open when I can. So shortly after it was built I put up some stub walls and a soffit so that I could separate the two sections with 1.5" hard foam insulation which happend to be pink. Here are a couple of shots of the wall with a couple of sections removed:

Name:	Wall 1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	869586

Name:	Wall 2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	869587
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Thanks Chris I think I have lost alot of my followers on that site with no progress on the Torino and rambling on about everything other than a Torino project. Good luck with yours and I am hopeing to get back on mine after the power tour.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X