Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Yesterday I painted the new water pump and harmonic balancer. I got the pan off the transmission and cleaned that up some more. I got stalled out on that because the wiring instructions for the kit I bought only showed one internal switch where I have 2. Bowtie Overdrives (maker of the kit) says to use the one closest to the outside of the case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trans.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	869056
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Looking good Chris keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    By the afternoon it was orange. The rest of the day was spent degreasing engine brackets and the 700R4 transmission that I picked up a few years back. I really hope that It works as advertised.

Name:	April 2013 Orange Motor.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	869027
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    This weekend I started with the rust lump. Saturday morning I had it in primer.

Name:	April 2013 grey Motor.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	869026
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    A couple of weeks ago my wife agreed to go on the Power Tour with me this year. Last week we got our child care dialed in and I booked hotels and registered. Now all I need is a car to drive.
    Here is the current state of the car:

Name:	April 2013 Nova.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	869025

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    After assembling a pretty decent interior I swapped over the power front disc brakes. About a year after that I sold the motor and transmission to some young kid that was going to use it in a T-bucket. His family builds fiberglass tubs and everyone else had big V-8s.
    My plan was to install the 350 from the other car that spring, but that was not to be. The closest I got was stripping the paint from the motor. Two years later I was looking at this.

Name:	April 2013 Rusty Motor.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	869024

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    My old 69 impala winter beater was the same. It had a near mint interior, but was a rusted out box on the outside. I knew the body was bad, but didnt realize the frame rails were rusted away too until after I drove it Cali.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    My 69 Impala winter beater I had in Nebraska was the same. Interior near mint, but car was totally rusted out, frame included. I didnt realize the frame was rusted away above the rear axle until after I drove the car to Cali.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    No, BUT, it did come with pipes that I did not attach that would take it to the bumper, and it'd look I think pretty much just like what I can see in the picture of the backsides of your cars.

Here is a picture, mind you this picture was taken in 'mock up' stage so they aren't quite centered, etc, but essentially that is where the exhaust exits. I've been contemplating playing with either adding the pipes to take it to the bumper or add exhaust tips to it and see if the sound in and out of the car changes. I'd use simple clamps for testing.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 4, 2013, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Still functioning seat belt interlock!?!? Never seen a functioning one either.

I just installed the system on the right on my car, and I hadn't seen a muffler setup like the one you have pictured there. I'm looking to see if I can quiet the car up a bit more, but I might be asking too much of the muffler with the high'ish compression and cam.

Do your pipes make it to the bumper? Mine went past by a couple of inches with the tips.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Time to send the leftovers down the road:

Name:	Parts Nova gone.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	868970
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 01:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I was kind of suprised that there were floor pans under the rubber mat. They were suprisingly solid.

Name:	Parts Nova Interior Gutted.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	868969
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Still functioning seat belt interlock!?!? Never seen a functioning one either.

I just installed the system on the right on my car, and I hadn't seen a muffler setup like the one you have pictured there. I'm looking to see if I can quiet the car up a bit more, but I might be asking too much of the muffler with the high'ish compression and cam.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    The reason I bought this gem was for the interior. You see, mine was crispy in spots from being out in the Arizona heat and while the outside of this one looked awful the interior was nearly perfect.

Name:	Parts Nova interior 2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	868968

Name:	Parts Nova interior.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	868967
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; February 4, 2016, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Ooh, what exhaust system is that and how did it sound?

It's a Flowmaster system. It sounded great. I'm hoping to reinstall it in the new car in the next few weeks. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to post a video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X