Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Hi Michael! Welcome and thanks for posting. Glad you enjoyed the story. Nice looking Nova!
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; May 23, 2015, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    Welcome and nice ride!!

Leave a comment:

• hvymtlnova
    replied
    Great read spent the last hour reading this thread . A newbie here but have been reading BS since Frieburger started the site. Have been with my Nova since I was 6 yrs. old. When my parents bought their first Chevy Dad sold it to me when I was 13 for 150.00 and it has been down hill since. Read with interest on your cooling issues, for my two cents back in 89 when I had my 400 in the car I learned about cooling , a 3-4 core rad and 7 blade clutch fan from a 6.2 diesel worked great for years. Would run 190 for ever with a 180 deg. super stat. After a decade or so the temps kept creeping up .Having an aluminum rad bought from a friend who needed money , it was for a G-body but fit in quite well and now the car runs 170 on 90 deg days in traffic . I had the flex fan and electric fans the flex sucked the other worked well to help but now with just the diesel clutch and big fan blades it pulls the air like crazy.Sorry to ramble but like I said just my two cents . might help someone else .But I really liked this thread and will follow this .

MichaelClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1554.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	1033948

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Carpet shipped today. UPS says I'll have it Tuesday!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Having it this far apart, we decided it is time for carpet (original was rubber mat flooring) and I ordered a new set from ACC (through Stock Interiors) yesterday. It should arrive middle of next week. If it does not get here in time, we will either have to re-install the rubber or take the Mustang.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    As the Nova is now Plan A for the Power Tour we need to do some work.

Last year, I borrowed the carb for the Mustang Project for a couple of months. During that time mice got into the Nova and although they did not do any real damage I appear to be allergic to something they left behind. Any time I am in the car for more than 10 minutes I am itchy for days. Obviously, This is an issue for several reasons. Last weekend we took almost the entire interior out of the Nova and will be scrubbing the interior sheet metal (including the trunk)and all the pieces before they go back in. Progress pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7221.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1033046

Name:	IMG_7217.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1033045

Name:	IMG_7216.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1033041

Name:	IMG_7219.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1033042

Name:	IMG_7220.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	1033047

Name:	IMG_7224.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	1033048

Name:	IMG_7226.JPG
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	1033049

One of the bright sides of having to do this is I will finally get the headliner installed that we bought for the 2013 Tour!

Name:	IMG_7218.JPG
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1033043

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    I've been driving the Nova a bit over the last couple of weeks. Due to some family issues, the Nova has edged a bit closer to being our primary 2014 Power Tour ride. This weekend I took it grocery shopping and tightened up the passenger mirror in the store parking lot. "Grocery Getter" comes to mind.
    Funny, we got groceries the other day in our '68 Coronet R/T. That will hold a lot of groceries.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    So the mustang is on the back burner?.. Bummer.. You guys were really flying thru it!.. Life has a way of getting in the way! There will be other tours..

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    I think that is what they were all used for at one time or another Chris. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I've been driving the Nova a bit over the last couple of weeks. Due to some family issues, the Nova has edged a bit closer to being our primary 2014 Power Tour ride. This weekend I took it grocery shopping and tightened up the passenger mirror in the store parking lot. "Grocery Getter" comes to mind.

Attached Files
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 27, 2014, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Look what I found patiently waiting it's turn at the body guy's house when I dropped off the mustang:

Name:	Nova 1.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	872355

Name:	Nova 2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	872356
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Finally did something to the Nova yesterday besides put gas in it and drive it. I fixed the loose blinker lever and the loose shifter knob. I had to take the steering wheel off to get to the blinker lever screw.

Name:	8.10Blinker.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	871792

Name:	8.10shifter.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	871793
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Hey Mike, iIt was nice to meet you and Donna and hang out for awhile. Glad I could help with the magnet. We are looking forward to the short drive home next year and my wife is already telling me to get going on dad's old 66 mustang so we can drive that.

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    It was very nice to meet you and your wife. I didn't know you were having issues with the car outside of the trans. We could have discussed it over drinks .

Thanks again for the magnet . You will have a much shorter drive home next year

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I changed the oil today. It seems amazing to me that I have driven the car enough in the last 3 months to need an oil change! I also installed the Long Haul Gang sticker tonight. I have been looking for the right one since 2004.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	870590

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	870591
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X