Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    So the mustang is on the back burner?.. Bummer.. You guys were really flying thru it!.. Life has a way of getting in the way! There will be other tours..

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    I think that is what they were all used for at one time or another Chris. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I've been driving the Nova a bit over the last couple of weeks. Due to some family issues, the Nova has edged a bit closer to being our primary 2014 Power Tour ride. This weekend I took it grocery shopping and tightened up the passenger mirror in the store parking lot. "Grocery Getter" comes to mind.

Attached Files
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 27, 2014, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Look what I found patiently waiting it's turn at the body guy's house when I dropped off the mustang:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova 1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	872355

Name:	Nova 2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	872356
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Finally did something to the Nova yesterday besides put gas in it and drive it. I fixed the loose blinker lever and the loose shifter knob. I had to take the steering wheel off to get to the blinker lever screw.

Name:	8.10Blinker.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	871792

Name:	8.10shifter.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	871793
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Hey Mike, iIt was nice to meet you and Donna and hang out for awhile. Glad I could help with the magnet. We are looking forward to the short drive home next year and my wife is already telling me to get going on dad's old 66 mustang so we can drive that.

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    It was very nice to meet you and your wife. I didn't know you were having issues with the car outside of the trans. We could have discussed it over drinks .

Thanks again for the magnet . You will have a much shorter drive home next year

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I changed the oil today. It seems amazing to me that I have driven the car enough in the last 3 months to need an oil change! I also installed the Long Haul Gang sticker tonight. I have been looking for the right one since 2004.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	870590

Views:	143
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	870591
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Here is an improvement made on the Tour. Thanks to Buddy and Bob.

Views:	175
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	870589
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2015, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    BTW, congrats on a successful trip!
    Thanks - I really appreciate all the support from the gang here.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    BTW, congrats on a successful trip!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I still think it could be, but as I said I'm 1,500+ miles out, you'd know better than I now for sure. 3 thermostats, I just find improbable is all.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Scott - The 2 new stats I had installed previously did not work as well as the 10 year old one. That being said, I have a replacement from the GM dealer that I will probably install.

Randall - I've logged over 4,000 miles with no change in the overflow tank level and everytime I open the radiator cap coolant dribbles out. Does that still sound like low coolant?

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    It might be the thermostat, but I'm still thinking low on coolant, but you'd know better than me as I'm 1,500+ miles from the car =P

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    I would replace the stat if it were mine. It obviously shows that your cooling system is up to snuff, but that constant cycling would concern me. My Impala's 180 stat opens when cold around 195. Doesn't move from that. My Caprice's opens right at 160, but goes up to 190 in traffic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X