73 Formula Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 Formula Firebird

Here's the scoop. I grabbed this one for $1,250. and it's one of those cars everyone said the guy would never sell. The first time I tried to buy it was over a year ago, but I knew I came within a hair of making the score. The second time around was the charm. I hit a home run. As far as the car goes, it's been sitting in a yard for years and needs a little attention, but over all the car is in much better condition than one would expect. The plan is to make it a driveable project car. So far I'm into the car for a batttery, 2 qts of oil, and 4 qts of trans fluid. It seems to run very well.

P.S. The trim rings and center caps for the rims are in the trunk.
    Last edited by Guest; April 27, 2013, 12:42 AM.

To give you an idea of how I'd eventually like to see the car: http://www.transamflorida.com/228FORMULA73.htm

The paint code is the same (74) Florentine Red & the cowl tag has the W66 which confirms along with the V.I.N. this a real Formula and not a firebird someone slapped a hood on.
    Last edited by Guest; April 27, 2013, 02:57 AM.

Comment

I always had a secret thing for the Formula - nice score.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Lets see it with a bath and decent lighting. Oh and we want to see interior and under hood shots. We are not greedy, just want a lot.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

nice score-love the formulas! like randall said, pics pics pics!
          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Not a chance in hell.

It's a 350 car. Automatic trans.

Comment

that is sooooo cool.... a friend in high school had one(not sure of the year) that was gold with a vinyl top(yuk) RAIII and a 4 speed...No spoiler on that one either...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                that is sooooo cool.... a friend in high school had one(not sure of the year) that was gold with a vinyl top(yuk) RAIII and a 4 speed...No spoiler on that one either...
                The cool thing about having a 350 car is Pontiac engines all look the same. Be very aware when I drop a 455 in and still tell you it's a 350.

Comment

Lester from American Beauty got the car he always wanted to have.
                  Last edited by Mr4Speed; April 27, 2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

THat would be a 8-9,000 dollar car here,Im sure you know that, nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                        THat would be a 8-9,000 dollar car here,Im sure you know that, nice score!
                        Believe it or not he set the price, even come down a few bucks for making me wait over a year....

P.S. I'm sure he knew what the car was worth too, just one hell of a nice guy.
                        Last edited by Guest; April 28, 2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

A friends Firebird Esprite.He removed the vinyl top,when all the rust was rapaired..and had a rear spoiler mounted too.

I have been helping him with the installation of the auburn limited slip yesterday..we had to try it out afterwards.now it lays long twin black stripes on the asphalt..2,73 gears,and 400 engine with performer rpm intake,and a 750 edelbrock carb.Just had to share,since they have the same colouor,and this one will soon have 15 inch rallies.

Comment

If you put a spoiler on your car; I am not taking the blame if you regret it.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Excellent, and Scott, you're taking the rap no matter what....lol

Here's a shot of my first Pontiac.

To give you guys a general idea how long ago that was, that baby my wife's holding now has a son that's turning 6 a couple weeks. The other person in the picture is me moms.
                              Last edited by Guest; April 28, 2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X