No announcement yet.

Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat chance in hell of that happening... do what you gotta do my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
      Sorry Michael to disappoint you but it all came down to $$$$$$$$$$ and $$$$$$$$ per HP . I have nothing against Ford at all , find me a Coyote 5.0 with all the fix'ns for $1500 and I'll go that way .
      Sure, no prob. See Bubba in the alley down in South Central. He'll fix you up.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm not really familiar with LS dimensions. I know a 351 is kinda tight in there though. Are you keeping the shock towers?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The 6.0 will fit between the towers but I'm planning on removing them .

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            Sure, no prob. See Bubba in the alley down in South Central. He'll fix you up.
            Bubba moved to S. Central? here I thought that was Paco's turf.... what'd Bubba do to Paco? should I even ask?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So far I've installed the new DSE frame rails , next up deep wheel tubs . Pics when installed . Spent too many hours on the net today resourcing parts . Who has the best pricing on LS1 - LS6 injectors ? . I'm going with the Fast LSX manifold ( site sponsor ) , LS1 fuel rail (awesome deal on Amazon ) the fun begins ! .

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                Bubba moved to S. Central? here I thought that was Paco's turf.... what'd Bubba do to Paco? should I even ask?
                We don't talk about Paco anymore. Bubba's orders.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

late to the party but

Have you seen the TOTAL COST INVOLVED front end set up, that rids you of shock towers.

Comment

Yes sir , I'm well aware of their kit . When you look at everything included it's cost is not out of line . It's high on my list .

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                      Yes sir , I'm well aware of their kit . When you look at everything included it's cost is not out of line . It's high on my list .
                      Saw it on Gearz and was "if I ever get a mustang for zwife"

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                        Saw it on Gearz and was "if I ever get a mustang for zwife"
                        I saw that as well , I don't really care for their rear suspension set up . I'm going with the Detroit Speed QuadraLink for early model Mustangs . The frame attachment points have to be modified to work on 67-68 Cougars . DSE have some neat stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          I'm not really familiar with LS dimensions. I know a 351 is kinda tight in there though. Are you keeping the shock towers?
                          351s are not tight in 67-70 Cougars, not at all. The crossmember and steering linkage are the issues with stuffing an LS in there, and its not insurmountable at all. If he is changing the shock towers and front suspension, then its easier.

Comment

Show me the picture with headers on it and your hands after a plug change.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

A friend dropped by the other day while I was working away on the rear frame section and noticed the LS motor on the engine stand and said that's an EFI motor and I said it's also a Chevy ........... he loves it and so do I !

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                Show me the picture with headers on it and your hands after a plug change.
                                A while back I dropped a 351c in a 70 Mustang and there was no way those manifolds were going back in without being bolted to the engine first. Very tight squeeze.

Comment

Working...
                                X