Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful crisp body lines....

Comment

• Looks great, another testimony to patience and determination. Great job so far!

Comment

• Thanks guys !

I don't think that I'll be going through this exercise again anytime soon ! lol

Comment

• Update , I've finished my fuel tank ventilation system .I tried to hide it as best as I could. I ran it from the tank , across the trunk floor , up and across the package tray and down through the floor to a Mazda vapor canister mounted above the 8.8 dif. Unless Andrew finds something wrong with it ! lol . The other day I watched a Jay Leno's Garage segment on youtube. They were taking about the three levels of the Dodge Challenger that were available . He asked if the RedEye had the Hurst Line Loc that the Demon had and it reminded me of the V8 Vega that I built when I was 19 . I had a Line Loc in that machine and it was a hoot , loved it . So guess what I bought ?.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0474.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1222491Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	838.1 KB
ID:	1222492Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0472(1).jpg
Views:	92
Size:	705.4 KB
ID:	1222493

Comment

• Update , I've installed the Hurst Lineloc , mounted the fan controllers under the rad , built and installed a sub-woofer box along with rear 6x9 speakers , as well as an amp for the sub-woofer. As the car sits now there is 3.75 inches of ground clearance , I'd like to have at least 4.5 inches . This is the first time I've had coilovers on one of my vehicles and I have a few questions. I'm running ridetech coilovers with 400 lb springs that were included in the TCI suspension kit . I'm about 2/3rds into the adjustment range on the shock and it doesn't look like there's much shock travel at this point. I think I'll need to contact ridetech for some input .

Comment

• They were really helpful when I put the Shockwaves on Mutt so I'm sure you'll get good input from them. Good that the project is moving along.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                Update , I've installed the Hurst Lineloc , mounted the fan controllers under the rad , built and installed a sub-woofer box along with rear 6x9 speakers , as well as an amp for the sub-woofer. As the car sits now there is 3.75 inches of ground clearance , I'd like to have at least 4.5 inches . This is the first time I've had coilovers on one of my vehicles and I have a few questions. I'm running ridetech coilovers with 400 lb springs that were included in the TCI suspension kit . I'm about 2/3rds into the adjustment range on the shock and it doesn't look like there's much shock travel at this point. I think I'll need to contact ridetech for some input .
                sounds like you may have to step up on spring capacity....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I'll be in touch with Ridetech in the new year.

I mounted the air filter in the front drivers side wheel well awhile back. I wanted to add some support to the filter itself as I don't want it falling off and running over it . So I built simple support that sides over the end of the filter and bolts to the back of the headlight mount.

I also built a trans cooler mount that sits inside the passenger side front wheel well. I also need to bend up some new cooler lines. I wasn't happy with the first pair that I bent up .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514(1).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	773.5 KB
ID:	1226210Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	722.0 KB
ID:	1226211

Happy New Year everyone !

Comment

• Wow she is looking great! Thanks for sharing the process, I need the inspiration.
                    A.K.A. Brian
                    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                      Wow she is looking great! Thanks for sharing the process, I need the inspiration.
                      Thanks buddy !

I talked to Matt at Ridetech on Friday and he punched a bunch of numbers into his calculator and he figures that a 500lb spring should do the job. So I placed an order with Summit Racing.

Comment

• Summit are hoping to ship on the 16th .... I hate waiting for parts

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                            Summit are hoping to ship on the 16th .... I hate waiting for parts
                            I ran into this issue with Aiden American springs and Summit - I bought direct from Aiden and got my springs about a month earlier then Summit's estimate...
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I ran into this issue with Aiden American springs and Summit - I bought direct from Aiden and got my springs about a month earlier then Summit's estimate...
                              I've done that in the past. I find that it's hard to beat Summit's shipping rates to me up here. The cost of shipping straight from the supplier/manufacturer can double compared to Summit. I placed my order on the 4th and Summit said it would ship on the 9th. Then the 14th and now the 16th. It's not keeping the car off the road , I just to get my parts ASAP and get them installed and then move on to the next item on the list. I'm just impatient , lol !.

Comment

• Nice .... now they say the 24th

Comment

Working...
                                X